Tool Appreciation Thread & New album news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
A nice place for fans of one of the best bands around. If it has to do with Tool, it's fair game.

Also, feel free to post any new album news as it comes.

i liked them a lot in high school, but by the time i managed to see them live i really couldn't have cared less. it was a cool show, i guess. for a while i had talked myself into thinking it was an awesome show, but it was long enough ago that i don't care anymore. neat lighting, that was wicked cool. i honestly couldn't find maynard on the stage at all for the whole show (and i had pretty decent seats). i asked my friend afterwards where the hell he was, she said he was standing in the back on a spinning platform by the drums :der:

messhugah opened..they sucked in a big way.

i still love "eulogy", and recognize them as a talented band, but i've lost interest. with a perfect circle (who i don't like at all), i kind of forgot they were still around.

I love Tool and APC, look my nickname
Maynard has a great voice, so beautiful and so agressive.

AENIMA IS THE SHIIIIT!!!!!!!!! i saw apc when they opened for nin in 2000. then on that exact sunday a year later u2 came for elevation.

I saw APC this month last year and it was the second best show I've ever seen.

And yes, Ænima IS the shit.

Ænima is so damn good

I used to like them a lot, now I don't know, I still like them but not like a few years ago

My god, what an amazing live band they are! Even though Maynard is not your average 'frontman' they blow me away every time I see them! To me they are the best live band around if you purely look at the music!

And of course I love the albums as well. I think Lateralus was not as good as the previous ones, but it would still kick the ass of most of the bands out there...

great band - in my top 5 favorites. maynard could shit on a plate and i would probably buy one down at best buy. unfortunately news of the upcoming album is rare and vague. :( i hope they hurry the fuck up, it's been 4 (5?) years i think.

Jack In The Box said:
I used to like them a lot, now I don't know, I still like them but not like a few years ago
i saw APC open for NIN a while back and they really impressed me. then i saw them again after they became a 'superband' with james iha et al, and they were good, but not as good as the first time.

that being said, mer de noms is a fantastic CD :drool:

(and NIN rocked, by the way!)

i think you have to agree, my love, that thirteenth step is far superior to mer de noms as an ALBUM. on a track by track basis though, mer de noms has a few songs that the sophomore release can't touch.

I've seen Tool more times than I've seen U2. Needless to say, you can call me a fan from even before Undertow came out.

and as far as new album news, you're funny. ;)

they are on the Trent Reznor, an album every 5 years or more plan.

Actually I might expect one Spring '06 at the earliest. If they were nearing a fall '05 release I would have heard something, I think.

But by all means, I hope they prove me wrong.
I love Undertow, Opiate and Aenima quite a bit, and Lateralus, I like but maybe to a lesser extent.

Maynard is kind of an interesting dude live. He played the Lateralus tour at the back of the stage, often times with his back to the crowd, even playing a 'keytar' here and there. But I saw them on the Aenima tour in a smaller venue and it was probably the best show I've ever seen by anyone. At least it's up there in the top 2 or 3 with a couple of U2 shows.

U2DMfan said:
and as far as new album news, you're funny. ;)

By new album news I meant put it in here as it comes. I know no news has been released yet, but when it is, this is the place to put it.

I'm fully aware there is no news and am quite distraught as a result.

Digging this back up for some good news

After months of pre-production, Tool finally have begun recording their long-awaited follow-up to 2001's "Lateralus"

I used to be a Tool fan, but then I lost patience... take a guess why.

As for APC, I have their first two albums, but I really just see them as a very average new band these days, they really don't offer anything new to music at all. I'd at least give Tool credit for being one of the only metal bands I ever liked.

I read the Tool newsletter and they are in the studio and have been for probably several months. According to the guy who writes for them, this one is even more secrective than the others, which basically means "nobody knows shit" about it.

I'd guess an album in Spring-Early Summer next year, May 2006 would be 5 years from Lateralus.

11 tracks 77 minutes

out May 10th in Japan, so US is probably the Tuesday of that week, whatever that is. This is from a band interview in Kerrang, so it's pretty reliable (you'd think).

no title yet, no tracklist although there is a "rumored" one that is floating around the next with a very strange Enochian title.
"Aldaraia" google it and you can find the rumored tracklist, although it's probably bogus. You never know with Tool.

I don't even know who produced it either.
Supposedly it's more like Undertow in intensity.

Last edited:
i'd doubt any tool album/song names until i see them posted on the official website. it's pretty easy to make up names for legitimate-sounding tool songs, just use any combination of latin + biological terms.

oh yes, tool is definitely on my "bands i need to see" list.

Can't wait. They have been confirmed for several festivals now and a gig in Amsterdam (Heineken Music Hall, capacity of 5.500).

they're headlining coachella along with radiohead.
somewhere a while ago i read something to the effect that they felt their last album wasn't heavy enough...awesome.
i fucking love tool. saw them at a tiny club in 94 outside buffalo ny. scared the shit out of me. i immediately sold all my tool cd's out of fear. a few years later i came back around, and last saw them in nyc about 6 weeks after 9/11 - an amazing and inspiring show. at the end of the show, as the band gathered on the stage for a group bow, maynard tells the crowd something along the lines of: bad things have been happening, and there are a lot of bad forces in the world. take the feeling that you have right now...take it from here into the world and do something wonderful with it.
chillls man. chills.
i think adam is the edge of heavy metal. they are our black sabbath and led zeppelin. skull crushing and thoughtful.
i'm going to listen to 'the grudge' right now...LOUD.:ohmy:

dudeman said:
i'm going to listen to 'the grudge' right now...LOUD.:ohmy:
let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold

let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let go let let go let gooooooo

:drool:

Let's take a timeout from the rest of the thread to drool over the scream in The Grudge.

You know the one. THE scream.

:drool:

From toolshed:

According to Blair, over at toolband.com, the art is finished and being released to the printers today. He also announced the name of the new album, which is, "10,000 Days".

inmyplace13 said:
From toolshed:

I looked at toolband and it wasn't there, so I went to toolshed and found this update:

///////////

So earlier today, toolband.com posted that the new album's art is finished and being released to the printers today. They also announced the name of the new album: "10,000 Days".

However, later in the day, that post was removed from toolband altogether. Was it a mistake? A hoax? Prematurely released? No word yet.

////////////

I don't listen to Tool much anymore, but a couple years ago they were one of my favourite bands, and a new album could certainly get me into them again :up: Lateralus is an amazing album. Parabol/Parabola... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom