too...much...sugar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
In all of my classes my teachers and friends have been giving me cupcakes, candy canes, chocolate, and cake, and now I feel :sick:. Bleh. :barf: No more, please!! It doesn't help that right next to me is a big yellow cake with vanilla icing and chocolate chips. Please, no more sugar!!!!!

Maybe you are an elf?

ELF2.jpg

The four basic food groups for elves: candy, candy canes, candy corn & syrup

I remember during the week after my high school graduation, I went to a bunch of my friends' graduation parties, and at every one there was a big cake, and so by the end of that week, I didn't want to look at another cake for a long, long time. It's been a while since that happened, so I could stomach cake now. But during that week...:no:.

Also, a word to the wise: don't drink pop early in the morning. It'll give you a stomachache. *Groans*

Angela

Ugh, we've been inundated by chocolates, cakes, candies, squares and other assorted treats at work for the last week or so. Enough, already!

I just got home from my last exam and turning in my last timesheet for TA work to find a king size Hershey bar on my TV. Someone was nice! I also have a bowl of M&Ms, 2 24 packs of pop, and a package of Voortman Christmas cookies to keep me company.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Also, a word to the wise: don't drink pop early in the morning. It'll give you a stomachache. *Groans*

Haha, Angela, I have the opposite problem. I've had stomach issues since I hit puberty and honestly, pop is the only think I can have in the morning w/o getting totally cramped and bloated. Solid breakfast food has just as much sugar in it - like poptarts, sweetened cereals, jelly/jam.....ugh, now THOSE things I cannot digest! :yawn:

U2democrat said:
In all of my classes my teachers and friends have been giving me cupcakes, candy canes, chocolate, and cake, and now I feel :sick:. Bleh. :barf: No more, please!! It doesn't help that right next to me is a big yellow cake with vanilla icing and chocolate chips. Please, no more sugar!!!!!

Hehe. . . That reminds me of when I was in the 5th grade. It was the last day of school before Christmas break, and we had 17 Christmas parties with the usual cake, cookies, candies, etc. Since my Mom is a little bit of a health nut and never let us eat much of that stuff, I went a little overboard at school. I was sick for days. :barf:

Ahhhh . . . Christmas memories.

Yeah, please don't give people food or chocolate for Christmas. I can't take it anymore!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I just got home from my last exam and turning in my last timesheet for TA work to find a king size Hershey bar on my TV. Someone was nice! I also have a bowl of M&Ms, 2 24 packs of pop, and a package of Voortman Christmas cookies to keep me company.

Was it the 5 lb Hershey bar??? :drool:

I don't like very sweet things and I've felt positively sick the last couple of days at work. The sight of chocolate makes me ill.

nobody gives our family sweets for christmas anymore. if a neighbour or someone my mum works with gives us a box of chocolates she brings it to the supermarket where you can put it towards a hamper for families who aren't very well off. we have a load of horrible fruit bars in our hourse. :yuck: my dad loves them though.

my da's branched out, he no buys toffee and apple flavour from the organic food shop.

they are the most awful thing i have ever tasted.

Haha, geez, I'm almost afraid of what's gonna happen to my poor stomach after Christmas is over this year, 'cause I know we're gonna be doing some food shopping soon for our dinner and we're gonna have a lot of stuff to eat...that's good, 'cause it means that I'm working on my goal to gain more weight, but it's also bad, 'cause I'm probably gonna have a good stomachache after all is said and done.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Haha, Angela, I have the opposite problem. I've had stomach issues since I hit puberty and honestly, pop is the only think I can have in the morning w/o getting totally cramped and bloated.

LOL, really?

The stomach's such a funny thing sometimes, isn't it?

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Solid breakfast food has just as much sugar in it - like poptarts, sweetened cereals, jelly/jam.....ugh, now THOSE things I cannot digest! :yawn:

I remember my family used to get these little chocolate swiss cake rolls sometimes as a quick "breakfast" (heh, we have such healthy eating habits in my house, don't we? :p) sometimes, and they came in packages of two-I could only eat one in the morning, 'cause if I ate both of them, I'd have a stomachache. Pop tarts and sweetened cereals, on the other hand, don't give me too many problems.

Originally posted by U2democrat
i'm addicted to dr. pepper about as much as i'm addicted to blue crack. :crack:

*Holds out hand* Join the club, my friend :). Dr. Pepper rocks :yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom