Too much Michael Jackson on Vh-1!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
Last night, they showed, The Jacksons and American Dream for about the 80th time in the last year. They are constantly showing the Making of Thriller, which was already old and annoying in the 80's. Then there is the Michael Jackson tribute and more. He is ALWAYS on there, and no one comes close to such redundancy but Madonna. Vh-1 used to be so cool last summer, but now it's making me sick. Ever so often they show a real rock movie, like The Wall or The Kids are Alright, but it's rare. There are so many great rock movies and videos out there they could show, why not? Is it money? Rights? Anyway I am SICK TO DEATH of MICHAEL JACKSON! It's okay to show him sometimes but they show him way too much. Madonna too. Is there any way we can petition them or something? They have been kind to U2 the past couple of years and I appreciate that, but they are really starting to stink, almost as much as MTV. Am I the only one who is sick of this?

It's on again tonight would you beieve?
mad.gif

VH1 doesn't really show that many videos anymore. They're more like The History of Rock and Roll. All of their Top 100 lists, and their Behind The Musics. Most of the time they'll play the same movie about 500 times before putting it away and taking out another one.

But Late World with Zach is pretty funny.

------------------
Change is the only constant

[This message has been edited by Foxxern (edited 03-30-2002).]

Originally posted by Foxxern:
VH1 doesn't really show that many videos anymore. They're more like The History of Rock and Roll. All of their Top 100 lists, and their Behind The Musics. Most of the time they'll play the same movie about 500 times before putting it away and taking out another one.

Ugh, you are very right Foxxern. I like Behind the Music and such, but.. sometimes I want videos instead of shows about music's past.
mad.gif

And I agree, I'm getting sick to death of that Jacksons movie too. :p

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

And then they showed that Michael Jackson Halloween Movie/Special/Freak Show at... Christmastime???

And wouldn't you know they showed the 100 Most Shocking Moments in Rock 'n' Roll today?
And I am gonna scream if they show another rerun of "Before They Were Rock Stars" or "Where Are They Now?" again...

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Leaving just in time, stay there for a while... Rolling in the ocean, trying to catch her eye..."

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"

The shows on VH1 are usually good the first time around, and I like that they're actually about MUSIC, as opposed to the shows on MTV, but yeah, I'm sick of the re-runs too. I'm just thankful that MTV2 exists, even when I have to see the same videos three hundred times.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

why is it that just when some video station finds its niche, when they get a lot of popularity and the viewers watch it thinking "yeah, someone finally got it right" they have to go screw it up?!

anything original of vh1 they play to death. last summer, when i was holed up in the hotel room at nights or when it rained one day, all that was on was that damn def leppard movie!!! i mean over and over it was insane!

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
why is it that just when some video station finds its niche, when they get a lot of popularity and the viewers watch it thinking "yeah, someone finally got it right" they have to go screw it up?!

anything original of vh1 they play to death. last summer, when i was holed up in the hotel room at nights or when it rained one day, all that was on was that damn def leppard movie!!! i mean over and over it was insane!

LMAO! I was holed up in hotel room when they kept replaying that Sweetwater movie! I liked it and it was good but they just kept on showing it! Now I'd like to see it and they don't show it anymore.

The first part of your post is right on target too. It seems like I finally found a good station and it had to start to go downhill. Michael Jackson I never wanted to see, and sometimes I just can't believe they are showing him again! Somebody goes, it's Michael Jackson night again and I think it's got to be a joke, but it's not! There really is too much of him on there, and too many repeats. With all the cool stuff that has been made in the history of rock, they could do a lot more variety and be much more interesting. I really don't understand why they get worse instead of better.

[This message has been edited by Shine * Like* Stars* (edited 03-31-2002).]

Heheheheh, did anyone see the guy who looks like Michael on 'Fan Club'? He literally looks EXACTLY like him (I know, like we need two out there)! I have noticed that VH1 has been JAckson dominated, at first I thought one of them had dies, but no, just LOTS o'love for the Jacksons.

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Back
Top Bottom