Too many forums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Does anyone else agree there are too many these days? Its nice to be able to hang in one general forum and post about anything non-U2 (lemonade stand). now we have to chop and change if its got musical content. sorry, its just getting annoying now.

am i the only one?

sorry to complain, but thats just how i feel :)

whinging aussies lol

it is hard to know what we are and arent allowed to post though now..
what else is there to talk about in here other than music anyway?
music is life!

yeah - cant it go back to the way it was? it was so much better!

PLEBA got use to it, and you will too.

Trust me guys, it really does work out quite nicely. I didn't like the split in PLEBA at first, but it really does keep things organised.

too many forums indeed...

i am still trying to get used to the idea that EYKIW is outta control like the old days.... I can't keep up!! :scream:

someone's gonna wake up and see his Radiohead forum is gone...................... *hides... I don't want to be around when that happens. :reject:

bleh, Ive only made 1 post in 3 days, cuz after I got back from my cottage (6 days) so much had gone on and so many new yet ever so useless topics had arisen... I was just lost, confused, and overwhealmed... blargh... back to lurking for me! lol

Me before vacation: :laugh:
Me during vacation: :laugh:
Me after vacation: :laugh:
Me coming back to interference after vacation: :confused: :banghead: :reject:

whine whine whine

There are plenty of other things to talk about in here besides music. Once again, you cant please all of the people all of the time.

People bitched cuz they wanted a radiohead forum.. so we gave them one.. and it really didnt get much action.. now people are bitching because they want a Bruce forum... and rather than add yet another separate forum for a different artist.. it seemed much more practical to just have one forum for all different artists.

I thought it was a good idea.

Actually, I don't like all the forums in PLEBA. But this isn't my forum, it's Elvis and I will go along with what he wants. :)

I've always thought Feedback had an overwhelming number of forums. At the other messageboard I belong to, there are three forums: On Topic, Off Topic, and Site Suggestions. So, I've always been a bit blown away by Interference. :reject:

actually, i dont know anyone who bitched about wanting a radiohead forum, except maybe the people who were so sick of the radiohead threads and wanted a place for them where they didnt have to see them.

like salome.

madonna's child said:
I've always thought Feedback had an overwhelming number of forums. At the other messageboard I belong to, there are three forums: On Topic, Off Topic, and Site Suggestions. So, I've always been a bit blown away by Interference. :reject:

Feedback also has an overwhelming amount of ever increasing acitivity. When the family gets bigger... you either add on to the house, our buy a larger house.

Originalllllllly at Feedback there were only about 10 forums or so. Some come, some go, some will be back, some move, some change.

If someone is complaining because they can't figure out that they should post a music or sports thread in the appropriate forum (the big list of -2-), then they really have toooo much time on their hands, gawd forbid you have anything more difficult to deal with in life.

Think of this place like a school... the bus is just arriving with the new freshmen. ;)

Joel

and ps- i think the reason people want new forums for particular artists is because theres a new album from them at the time and places like Lemonade stand are flooded by, for example, Bruce threads. but in a few months when theres nothin else goin on with him, it would/will quieten down, as what happened with the Radiohead thread.

i wouldnt be averse to a Bruce forum tho!! even if it was only a picture forum!:drool: :drool:

seeee, these are the masses i was talking about, lol

coolhandlaura said:
and ps- i think the reason people want new forums for particular artists is because theres a new album from them at the time and places like Lemonade stand are flooded by, for example, Bruce threads. but in a few months when theres nothin else goin on with him, it would/will quieten down, as what happened with the Radiohead thread.

i wouldnt be averse to a Bruce forum tho!! even if it was only a picture forum!:drool: :drool:

:drool: :drool:

mmm.....wine

Sicy said:
I thought it was a good idea.

it will take some time to get used to, but overall it's a plus. and threads won't get buried so quickly and it will be easier to organize.

it is a good idea.

I'm an old taurean

...and taureans, especailly old ones, don't like change.
So if I can cope with ti kiddies....
what Elvis said and
it IS a good idea Sicy.

For me personally , the thought of a non-U2 music forum is heavenly. I can rave on there to my heart's content and not feel like I'm cluttering up the place.
Thanks team Interference:wave: :up:

(I just can't resist adding those delightful smilie characters to ...EVERYTHING!!....thanks for them too.):bono: :adam: :larry: :edge: :dance: :laugh:

Elvis said:

Feedback also has an overwhelming amount of ever increasing acitivity. When the family gets bigger... you either add on to the house, our buy a larger house.

Originalllllllly at Feedback there were only about 10 forums or so. Some come, some go, some will be back, some move, some change.

If someone is complaining because they can't figure out that they should post a music or sports thread in the appropriate forum (the big list of -2-), then they really have toooo much time on their hands, gawd forbid you have anything more difficult to deal with in life.

Think of this place like a school... the bus is just arriving with the new freshmen. ;)

Joel

Oh, Elvis, I completly understand why you have so many forums. Feedback has an impressivly large population. I guess everyone finds their little niche of Feedback. I just feel bad, I never get around to all the forums. :(

Zoomerang96 said:
actually, i dont know anyone who bitched about wanting a radiohead forum, except maybe the people who were so sick of the radiohead threads and wanted a place for them where they didnt have to see them.

like salome.
believe me, it was never my idea that the problem of people trolling a U2 forum with Radiohead related (I wouldn't say the threads had anything to do with Radiohead - neither the music or the people in it) litter should be dealt with by giving them their own forum (no matter who those people are)

it isn't/wasn't and never will be my decision though
but Elvis'

when you look at the ammount of new threads started in Lemonade Stand every day lately it makes perfect sense to try and devide them

Back
Top Bottom