Tommy is the most overrated rock album of all time - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #46
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

and Thom Yorke would agree
Maybe in some promotional interviews from the Kid A era.

All three songs you named are hopelessly overrated. And even if they weren't, they can't cover up the awful closer and (as fun as it can sometimes be) the filler-ish Treefingers. OKC wouldn't dream of having songs that lame on its surface.

Besides, you're just being argumentative for the sake of it right now...I've heard you many, many times say that Let Down is your favorite Radiohead song.
__________________

__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Maybe in some promotional interviews from the Kid A era.

All three songs you named are hopelessly overrated. And even if they weren't, they can't cover up the awful closer and (as fun as it can sometimes be) the filler-ish Treefingers. OKC wouldn't dream of having songs that lame on its surface.
actually Thom has said that kid A is his favorite track....that How to disappear completely is the best song that they
have ever done...but that's irrelevant...

and Motion picture is not awful

and have you ever heard of Fitter Happier?..hows that for filler...

you know what

THE who> you

Quote:
Besides, you're just being argumentative for the sake of it right now...I've heard you many, many times say that Let Down is your favorite Radiohead song.
yes Let Down is my favorite RH song.....

but I think that KID A is the best RH record
__________________

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #48
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


actually Thom has said that kid A is his favorite track....that How to disappear completely is the best song that they
have ever done...but that's irrelevant...

and Motion picture is not awful

and have you ever heard of Fitter Happier?..hows that for filler...

you know what

THE who> you
Fitter Happier isn't any more filler-ish than 10 different songs on Tommy. It's part of the story. I'm sorry that it isn't 3 minutes long, as if that makes a song what it is.

Quadrophenia > you
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


NMH's singer is awful. The worst part is that the band decided to accentuate it by having so many acoustic songs. Not the smartest bunch, are they?

I've got to say, the only reason I think anyone would buy it is because of the hype (and if they had never heard a single note from it). Plus, it's one of those albums that you have to own or at least have heard if you want to sound like you know what you're talking about. I could name a few others like that:



yea that NMH album is quite awful
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #50
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


yes Let Down is my favorite RH song.....

but I think that KID A is the best radiohead record

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

EIIRP, TNA, How to disaapear...> anything on OKC...
.......?
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon





.......?
I was being funny

what you consider as your favorite, isn't always what you think its the best...

take you for example...HTDAAB is your favorite U2 album...but do you consider it the best?.... oh wait maybe you do

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #52
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


I was being funny

what you consider as your favorite, isn't always what you think its the best...

take you for example...HTDAAB is your favorite U2 album...but do you consider it the best?.... oh wait maybe you do
Yeah, you were being funny all right.

Anyway, HTDAAB isn't my favorite U2 album...where did you get that idea? My top 5 is as follows:

1. Zooropa
2. Joshua Tree
3. Pop
4. War
5. HTDAAB

I love it, but I get your analogy.
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Yeah, you were being funny all right.

Anyway, HTDAAB isn't my favorite U2 album...where did you get that idea? My top 5 is as follows:

1. Zooropa
2. Joshua Tree
3. Pop
4. War
5. HTDAAB

I love it, but I get your analogy.
I ya for having Zooropa at the top

and I thought HTDAAB was your favorite with the way you defend it
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #54
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Our tastes aren't that different, xavi, we just like to nitpick over individual songs.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 03:24 AM
where the hell is Achtung Baby?
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #56
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
6. Achtung Baby
7. Boy
8. Rattle & Hum
9. ATYCLB
10. October
11. UF

Everything above Rattle & Hum I love.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Abbey. Road. You'd think the band never recorded anything else outside of that album.
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #58
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
Abbey. Road. You'd think the band never recorded anything else outside of that album.
They might as well not have, considering Abbey Road is the best thing the band ever did.
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:24 AM
For some maybe. I'd consider Rubber Soul and all the later era albums - even the much hated, but ultimately underrated Let it be - better. Sgt Pepper could be nominated too, if it hadn't been so important at the time of its release.

You know things aren't right when George Harrison shows Lennon/McCartney how it's done.
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #60
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

You know things aren't right when George Harrison shows Lennon/McCartney how it's done.
Maybe on the first side, but, again, the second side is being discounted. Harrison had nothing at all to do with the pure brilliance that was the Abbey Road Medley, so I propose that Lennon/McCartney was just saving their best for last.
__________________

__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com