TomKat Part 2 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:52 AM
What I find suspicious is that throughout her pregnancy her bump kept going up and down. In one photo, she would look like she was going to go into labor at any minute, and in another one taken a few days later, her belly was smaller.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #167
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:52 AM
^Especially right before she actually had the baby. Seemed to me like there was no bump there at all. The picture where she's wearing the red jacket while shopping really makes me doubt everything.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

Hahaha:

Quote:
In the shocker of all shockers, Tom Cruise isn't the linguistic expert he claims to be. Despite telling everybody Suri means "princess" in Hebrew, Hebrew linguists have confirmed that it doesn't.

Suri has only two meanings - one is a person from Syria and the other "go away" when addressed to a female. Hebrew expert Jonathan Went says, "I think it's fair to say they have made a mistake here. There are variations of the way the Hebrew name for princess is spelt but I have never seen it this way." Suri can also be translated into a Hindi boy's name, and it also means "pointy nose" in some Indian dialects and "pickpocket" in Japanese.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #169
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Old 04-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #170
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:52 PM
This is truly amazingly funny. Someone needs to take this to the new parents and ask for a public response post haste!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2
What I find suspicious is that throughout her pregnancy her bump kept going up and down. In one photo, she would look like she was going to go into labor at any minute, and in another one taken a few days later, her belly was smaller.
I was talking to a friend who used to work for a magazine. She said that the dates on magazine photos are wrong ALL the time. Those pics mean nothing and how easy is it for someone to give the wrong dates when they're unethical enough to do all the things those tabloids do to begin with.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #172
ONE
love, blood, life

I would feel so dumb if I were Tom Cruise right now!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #173
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:52 AM
!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #174
War Child

There was a whole conspiracy theory on the E! network yesterday-it was something like the girl's name is Suri because Suri Cruise sound like Syracuse where Tom is from and it also is like Surrey England where L. Ron Hubbard is from.
The worse part about a story like this is that I could actually believe that the wack job did name his kid after reasons like this
Old 04-22-2006, 01:13 AM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

On msn.com

So Suri: The Latest on TomKat

It's only been two days since Katie Holmes very, very quietly brought forth the spawn of Tom Cruise, and already the 7-pound, 7-ounce ankle-biter has jumped the couch. Yes, coverage of little Suri has hit saturation point, with details of her momentous debut flying faster than Xenu in a space-plane. Here's the latest on all things TomKitten ...

The easy labor: Holmes is said to have given birth at Saint John's Medical Center in Santa Monica, Calif., in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, with People reporting the delivery was such a breeze that within hours she and Suri were back at Cruise's ultra-secure Beverly Hills, Calif., compound, where many had predicted the birth would take place. According to the New York Post, the "Dianetics"-devoted duo and their soon-to-be-devoted offspring departed the hospital in a black SUV, with two identical SUVs on hand as decoys. The ruse must have worked: The paparazzi, who for months have shadowed Katie's every shopping trip and latte run, failed to get a shot of their hospital trip.

The epidural: Tom apparently wasn't blowing smoke when he told Diane Sawyer that if Katie "needs an epidural, she's gonna get her epidural" (Scientology supposedly discourages the use of drugs during delivery). An insider tells People that she did indeed get one, adding, "Everything is fine, and Katie can relax now."
Story continues below
advertisement

The noise level in the delivery room: Perhaps the epidural helped Katie keep her cakehole closed as she pushed out little Suri, since she reportedly adhered to the L. Ron Hubbard-approved method of silent birth. "You couldn't hear anything coming from the room," a chatty hospital employee tells the London Daily Mail. "She may have been giving birth, but she was as quiet as a mouse." Adds a mole to the London Sun, "Everybody in the room was told to stay silent and the nurses made hand signals."

The bizarre proximity to Brooke Shields: We've all heard about the "amazing" coincidence of vitamin-pushing, psychiatry-hating Cruise and his postpartum-suffering, Paxil-popping nemesis Shields welcoming baby girls within hours of each other, but the weirdness doesn't end there. People reports Brooke was huffing and puffing "just down the hall" from Katie, while "Access Hollywood" takes it a step further, claiming they were actually in "adjacent rooms." No word on whether Shields, whose daughter Grier also weighed in at 7 pounds, yelled extra loudly to compensate for the eerie quiet next door.

The typically restrained reaction of the proud pop: "It's a girl! It's a girl! Her name is Suri and she's glorious," Tom gushed in an e-mail to Diane Sawyer. "Kate was and is an absolute champ." The actor reportedly remained by his fiancée's side for the hush-hush delivery, with a spy snitching to the London Sun, "Tom was determined to make Katie as comfortable as possible. He was holding her hand and stroking her face to soothe her during the delivery." And in what should make for some interesting home movies, the mole says Cruise "recorded the whole thing with a camera and said it was the most beautiful moment of his life."

The typically restrained reaction of Nicole Kidman: "I hope both mother and baby are doing well," offered the Oscar winner (via the Daily Mail), whose decade-long union to Cruise went belly-up in 2001. They have two children, Isabella, 13, and Connor, 11.

The reaction of the Holmes family: Katie's mom burst into tears when she learned her daughter had finally popped, says People (OK, they were tears of joy). Mr. and Mrs. Holmes, who have been seen with Katie only a handful of times since she hooked up with Cruise in April 2005, were reportedly on vacation in Florida when they got the grandparent news. Katie's sisters also apparently sent long-distance well-wishes, with one sibling telling their hometown newspaper, the Toledo Blade, "We have the baby ... The family is absolutely ecstatic. Everyone's healthy, and we are extremely happy."

A postpartum play-by-play?: Did Cruise check in with the muckity-mucks at the Scientology Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles. shortly after Suri's arrival? So says the Sun, which claims he was "required" to "tell them if it was silent or not and if Katie was given drugs. He would have been asked to hand over notes and recordings to supervisors who will determine if anything traumatic happened to the mother and baby. If so, Katie will be given extra counseling -- or auditing as the church calls it."

The hirsute beauty: Appropriately enough, Suri arrived with a fringe on top, with a Holmes source revealing to People that she has "lots and lots of dark hair," and adding that she's "going to be a beautiful baby."

The derivation of Suri's oddball moniker: Cruise told Sawyer that he and Holmes cracked open a baby book given to them by friends "and instantly came up with the name." It must have been "The Big Book of Totally Obscure Foreign Baby Names," 'cause the appellation is rare, to say the least. In a statement, the megastar said the name meant "red rose" in Persian, which is true, but his assertion that it means "princess" in Hebrew? Not so much (that would be the name Sarah). "We seem to have learned a new Hebrew word -- and from Tom Cruise, no less," quipped an Israeli newscaster (via the AP). Unfortunately, the tyke's tag does mean "pickpocket" in Japanese and "pointy nose" in Todas, the language of a tribe in Southern India (per a "baby name guru"). Some theories being floated for the unusual label: It's a geographic homage to Cruise's hometown of Syracuse (Suri Cruise -- get it?); it's a reference to Surrey, England, where Hubbard once lived and where the church has a headquarters; or it's an anagram of "Cruise," just without the first and last letters.

Suri's introduction to Scientology: The tot may be sucking on a formula straight out of Hubbard's cupboard, a mixture of barley water, milk and corn syrup. "It is up to the parents as to use," Celebrity Centre Vice President Greg LaClaire explains to People (breast-feeding is OK, too). LaClaire also says Suri will undergo a naming ceremony during which she'll be "welcomed by the congregation" and the parents and godparents will "pledge to give good care while at the same time providing the child an opportunity to grow and choose their own path in life."

The soundtrack of Suri's arrival: It's still unclear whether Katie had tunes blasting in her ears during the delivery (you'll recall that Tom purportedly presented her with an iPod filled with 300 of her favorite songs to help her through the whole squeezing-out-a-human thing). But that didn't stop us from compiling a few of the ditties you, our readers, deemed oh-so-appropriate for the big event (and yes, "Comfortably Numb" made the cut). Enjoy Katie's playlist!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:17 AM   #176
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 04-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #177
ONE
love, blood, life

None of her family was there? I would think that at least her parents would have been at the hospital for this instead of on vacation.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #178
Refugee

Local Time: 06:52 AM
I'm just creeped out by the entire thing.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #179
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Old 04-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #180
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Seriously!! It makes me get that creepy crawly feeling down your spine