Tom waits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinwal

The Fly
Any fans out there? I've recently got Swordfishtrombones, Mule Variations, Rain dogs and Bone Machine. I think the guy is amazing but so varied and original at the same time, his voice is incredible. I would be interested to hear your views.

I am a HUGE Tom Waits fan. I got to see him live when he did Mule Variations. He is amazing. He makes alot of his own weird instruments that you can hear on his records. Nothing makes me wanna sit at the end of a bar with a glass of scotch like " Waltzing Matilda". He is on my top 5 list of all time.

Also, Im not sure if you have seen the movie " Coffee and Cigarettes". But he has great scene with Iggy pop in that movie.

DeadMansParty said:
Nothing makes me wanna sit at the end of a bar with a glass of scotch like " Waltzing Matilda".

:up:

I became a big fan of Tom Waits after "Real Gone"... and then proceeded to get everything of his that I possibly could. That man can tell a story in song like no other... and his voice is so captivating.

I am HUGE fan. There is no one like him. I love Rain Dogs. It is in my top 3. Also check out Frank's Wild Years.:love:

Love him. Had the pleasure of seeing him at Massey Hall (Toronto, Canada) back in 1987. What a show!!!
I just heard a brand new Tom Waits song on a local campus/community radio station. It mentions Bush of all things. Sounded good.

Back
Top Bottom