Tom Snyder, R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Talk show host Tom Snyder, whose smoke-filled interviews were a staple of late night television, has died after a struggle with leukemia. He was 71.

Tom Snyder is most closely associated with "The Tomorrow Show," which he hosted from 1973 to 1981.

Snyder died Sunday in San Francisco from complications associated with leukemia, said his longtime producer and friend Mike Horowicz.

Known for his improvised, casual style and robust laughter, Snyder conducted a number of memorable interviews as host of NBC's "The Tomorrow Show." Among his guests were John Lennon, Charles Manson and Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols.

He gained more fame when Dan Aykroyd lampooned him in the early days of "Saturday Night Live."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/30/obit.snyder.ap/index.html

art.snyder.ap.jpg

R.I.P. :sad:

I didn't know he was sick either. I was sad when he left his CBS Show (the one after Letterman). He did indeed have a great laugh. I figured most of the young people on this forum would have no idea who he was. Sad...

God, how I hate Lydon and the Sex Pistols. Biggest phonies in music history, and possibly the least talented revered band in recent memory.

Their "Filthy Lucre" reunion tour from the late 90's, only affirmed what sellout whores they've always been, and making fun of the fact that you're selling out does not excuse selling out.

Douchebag.

lazarus said:
God, how I hate Lydon and the Sex Pistols. Biggest phonies in music history, and possibly the least talented revered band in recent memory.

:up: Agreed. The arrogance and nihilism in that interview is stunning. Why do people have to be such bastards? I mean, honestly. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom