Tom Petty- Saving Grave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone hear this?

It premiered during the NBA finals last week. (sell-out douche bag.)

Finally got around to digging it up.

Total blues thing going on. The chords remind me of "Green Onions" by Booker T. & The MG's.

Getting pumped for the album. Petty is alway quality.

Well, the album leaked 7/13.

Got it.

Very pleased.

"Big Weekend" and "Down South" are in me head.

Typical Petty.

Good songs. Very good songs.

To all who read.... Highway Companion is a great album. You have to let it soak in and really listen to the lyrics, cause the songs aren't immediately catchy. I'm on my 3rd listen, and I already feel like this album has changed my way of thinking. It's been a long time since an album has inspired my intellect like this.

The_acrobat said:
To all who read.... Highway Companion is a great album. You have to let it soak in and really listen to the lyrics, cause the songs aren't immediately catchy. I'm on my 3rd listen, and I already feel like this album has changed my way of thinking. It's been a long time since an album has inspired my intellect like this.

It's keeper.

Very understated, acoustic driven record.

Lotsa melody grenades. Perfect driving record.

Damn my late nite spelling-Saving Grave.

The_acrobat said:

I agree. I think it's the best album to come out in a long time. I been listening to it non-stop since Tuesday.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I saw him last night and the very few songs from Highway Companion that he played, I enjoyed. I'll probably pick this one up eventually. :up:

Yeah I heard he didn't play many from HC on this tour, but I'm hoping for maybe a solo HC tour after this Heartbreakers tour.

The cover art is interesting. Great for overanalyzing. :drool:

Tom-Petty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom