Tom Petty has answered our calls for justice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like modern American raido?

• Yes, there's enough variety for everyone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they're all a bunch of wankers.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Radio? That's still around?

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Leave it to good ol' Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers to go out and bite the arse of the big business that has become the modern American music industry. Check out this article from CNN.com and entertainment weekly... it's so true. Even with the supposed huge success of ATYCLB, it still didn't produce a number one single, still wasn't a number one album, and still only saw limited air play on Top 40 "popular" radio stations, i.e. Z-100 in New York, rather getting most of it's air play on the quote "modern rock" stations. Lemme know what ya think...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/03/ew.hot.rock/index.html

YES YES YES!

GO TOM GO!!!!!

I rarely listen to music on the radio at all anymore. It doesn't matter whether you're in Oklahoma City (smaller market) or Atlanta (seemingly lots of choices)---music radio sucks today! :rant: Usually I just listen to sports radio or pop in a cassette. I'm so tired of listening to the same pop crap over and over again. It's as though you're being told "This song is what you're going to like, and we're going to play it twice every hour until you like it." Last night I was listening to the college station (which broadcasts on a television channel) and they were mocking that Nelly's "It's getting hot in here" song was number 1. I was too appalled to know that it was number 1 to even laugh.

Good for Tom. Wish I could send him an e-mail and tell him that he's not alone.

Supposed success of ATYCLB?!?!?! Lets see, 4,000,000 in album sales in the USA alone! Over 11,000,000 WORLDWIDE! It is one of only 11 albums released after January 2000 to pass the 10 million mark worldwide! All 4 singles from the album cracked top 10 singles charts around the world. The USA is only one market, yet, without success at radio, the album has sold over 4,000,000 copies in the USA alone! 7 Grammy awards, plus being selected by the readers of Rolling Stone as the #15 ALBUM of ALL TIME. I understand what you said about American radio, but ATYCLB is one of the most popular albums of the new century were in.

Back
Top Bottom