Tom Petty halftime shennanigans - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #61
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
Do you guys think that "Born in the U.S.A." wouldn't be on Bruce's hypothetical setlist?
Not unless the theme of the Superbowl is "Angry Vietnam Vets."

I'd love to see Madonna, but until America recovers from the shock of Janet Jackson's nipple clamp, it ain't gonna happen.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem


Not unless the theme of the Superbowl is "Angry Vietnam Vets."

I'd love to see Madonna, but until America recovers from the shock of Janet Jackson's nipple clamp, it ain't gonna happen.
I don't know. A lot of the country is still blissfully ignorant about the meaning of "Born in the U.S.A." Sadly, I think you're right about Madonna.
__________________

__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #63
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Well sure, but that doesn't mean Bruce is going to play it. I mean, HE knows what it means.

That's what I meant.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Well sure, but that doesn't mean Bruce is going to play it. I mean, HE knows what it means.

That's what I meant.
Bruce should do what I want. It would be easier on him.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #65
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest


Bruce should do what I want. It would be easier on him.
You're so demanding.


Bruce + Arcade Fire. Come on, it's been done. We can do it again.
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


You're so demanding.


Bruce + Arcade Fire. Come on, it's been done. We can do it again.
Most of the country doesn't have good enough taste in music to appreciate Arcade Fire. I have knowledge of this because of my friends who thought Flo Rider's "Low" was better than "No Cars Go" while in the car a few weeks ago. It made me want to jump out into oncoming traffic.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #67
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Why does the American public have to suck so much?

I think a Foo Fighters halftime is the absolute best we can hope for at this point. And Coldplay.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Why does the American public have to suck so much?

I think a Foo Fighters halftime is the absolute best we can hope for at this point. And Coldplay.
I love the Foos and Coldplay, so I would be thrilled with either of them. I'm still holding out for my girl Madonna though. x infinity
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #69
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest


I love the Foos and Coldplay, so I would be thrilled with either of them. I'm still holding out for my girl Madonna though. x infinity
I would watch all three.

But Arcade Fire + Bruce would be an eargasm.
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Why does the American public have to suck so much?
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


I would watch all three.

But Arcade Fire + Bruce would be an eargasm.
I knew you were a closet Madonna guy. Bruce and/or Arcade Fire would rock also.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #72
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest


I knew you were a closet Madonna guy. Bruce and/or Arcade Fire would rock also.
Confessions On A Dance Floor

Lucky Star

Ray Of Light

Open Your Heart is catchy as hell


But that's most of what I know.
__________________
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #73
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Forbidden Love / Jump
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Confessions On A Dance Floor

Lucky Star

Ray Of Light

Open Your Heart is catchy as hell


But that's most of what I know.
Oh my friend, you need to expand.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Forbidden Love / Jump
"Forbidden Love" and "Isaac" are my 2 favorite tracks on "COADF". The performances of them on the tour were amazing too.
__________________

__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com