Tom Petty halftime shennanigans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:
Do you guys think that "Born in the U.S.A." wouldn't be on Bruce's hypothetical setlist?

Not unless the theme of the Superbowl is "Angry Vietnam Vets."

I'd love to see Madonna, but until America recovers from the shock of Janet Jackson's nipple clamp, it ain't gonna happen.

corianderstem said:

Not unless the theme of the Superbowl is "Angry Vietnam Vets."

I'd love to see Madonna, but until America recovers from the shock of Janet Jackson's nipple clamp, it ain't gonna happen.

I don't know. A lot of the country is still blissfully ignorant about the meaning of "Born in the U.S.A." Sadly, I think you're right about Madonna.:(

Well sure, but that doesn't mean Bruce is going to play it. I mean, HE knows what it means.

That's what I meant.

U2isthebest said:

Bruce should do what I want. It would be easier on him.:yes: :lol:

:sexywink: You're so demanding.

Bruce + Arcade Fire. Come on, it's been done. We can do it again.

LemonMelon said:

:sexywink: You're so demanding.

Bruce + Arcade Fire. Come on, it's been done. We can do it again.

Most of the country doesn't have good enough taste in music to appreciate Arcade Fire. I have knowledge of this because of my friends who thought Flo Rider's "Low" was better than "No Cars Go" while in the car a few weeks ago. It made me want to jump out into oncoming traffic.:happy:

:( Why does the American public have to suck so much? :(

I think a Foo Fighters halftime is the absolute best we can hope for at this point. And Coldplay. :sad:

LemonMelon said:
:( Why does the American public have to suck so much? :(

I think a Foo Fighters halftime is the absolute best we can hope for at this point. And Coldplay. :sad:

I love the Foos and Coldplay, so I would be thrilled with either of them. I'm still holding out for my girl Madonna though.:love: x infinity

U2isthebest said:

I love the Foos and Coldplay, so I would be thrilled with either of them. I'm still holding out for my girl Madonna though.:love: x infinity

I would watch all three.

But Arcade Fire + Bruce would be an eargasm. :sad:

U2isthebest said:

I knew you were a closet Madonna guy.:shifty: Bruce and/or Arcade Fire would rock also.

:drool: Confessions On A Dance Floor

:drool: Lucky Star

:drool: Ray Of Light

Open Your Heart is catchy as hell :shifty:

But that's most of what I know. :reject:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

We get it next year, too? :hyper: ;)

The Stones did the Detroit halftime show. I was going to go downtown to volunteer to be in the crowd, too, but alas, I didn't.

ok i lied... i forgot detroit already got it, i don't know where i got that from. it's in tampa bay next year.

which has a giant pirate ship in one end zone :hmm:

pirates, eh? perhaps jimmy buffet will do the half time show.

book it.

Back
Top Bottom