Tom Petty/Black Crowes Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Sweet. One of the most under-rated songwriters in rock, and one of the best live rock & roll bands tour together. This will make for a great summer nite!

Ft. Myers Germain Arena (June 8)
Tampa Ford Amphitheatre (10)
Atlanta Music Midtown Festival (11)
Cincinnati Riverbend Music Center (14)
Pittsburgh Post Gazette Pavilion (15)
Philadelphia Tweeter Waterfront (17)
Mansfield Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts (18)
Wantagh Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach Theatre (21)
Holmdel P.N.C. Bank Arts Center (22)
Hartford ctnow.com Meadows Music Theatre, (24)
Buffalo Darien Lake Performing Arts Center (25)
Grand Rapids Van Andel Arena (28)
Cleveland Blossom Music Theatre (30)
Milwaukee Marcus Amphitheatre (July 1)
Nashville Starwood Amphitheatre (13)
Tinley Park Tweeter Center (15)
Caddot Rockfest (16)
Detroit DTE Energy Music Theatre (20)
Indianapolis Verizon Wireless Music Center (21)
Columbia Merriweather Post Pavilion (27)
Saratoga Springs Saratoga Performing Arts Center (30)
Berkeley Greek Theatre (Aug 26)

:(...doesn't look like they'll be coming anywhere close to me anytime soon. Darn (why did all of my favorite artists decide to tour this year in places far away from me/places that are close, but yet even though they're close, I've been unable to go see them for one reason or another? Argh!).

Also, yes, Tom Petty does indeed rock :up: :).

Angela

saw this posted on LiveDaily.com:

Black Crowes map final stretch of 2005 headlining shows

September 07, 2005 01:37 PM
by Jon Zahlaway
liveDaily Senior Writer
The Black Crowes have nailed down the itinerary for the final leg of their 2005 reunion outing, which kicks off later this month.

The group, which just wrapped up its summer stint opening for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, returns to the road on Sept. 16 for a performance in Telluride, CO, as part of the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival, and will wind its way through the states before capping the run with a two-night stand in Chicago on Oct. 30-31.
Tickets for the tour's two-night engagement in Washington, DC; three-night stand in Los Angeles; and one-off stop in Detroit will hit the box office in the coming days. Details are included in the itinerary below.

In January, Black Crowes founders Chris Robinson (vocals) and Rich Robinson (guitar) announced plans to resurrect the group after a nearly four-year hiatus for a multi-night stand at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom. The initial five shows sold out "just minutes after going on sale," according to a press release issued at the time, and two more dates were added.

The success of the Big Apple outing led to a full-blown headlining tour in the spring, followed by the group's turn on Petty's summer outing.

In addition to the Robinson brothers, The Black Crowes' current lineup features original drummer Steve Gorman; guitarist Marc Ford (who was fired from the band in 1997) and keyboardist Eddie Hawysch (aka Eddi Harsch), both of whom joined the group after its debut album and tour in 1990; and bassist Sven Pipien, who first joined the group in 1997.

In August, the group played a sold-out, five-night stand at San Francisco's Fillmore. The shows were filmed for an upcoming DVD, according to the band's publicist. No release date has been announced.

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]
September 2005
16 - Telluride, CO - Telluride Blues & Brews Festival
17 - Phoenix, AZ - Dodge Theater
18 - Tucson, AZ - Tucson Music Hall
20 - Oklahoma, OK - Farmer's Market
22 - Grand Prairie, TX - Nokia Theatre
23 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Music Festival
24 - Huntsville, AL - Big Spring Jam
25 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street Amphitheater
27 - Birmingham, AL - Alabama Theater
29, 30 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theater

October 2005
1 - Lexington, VA - Washington & Lee University
3, 4 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club (on sale 9/8)
6 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
7 - Memphis, TN - Mud Island
9 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre
10 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
11 - Kansas City, MO - The Pageant
13 - Magna, UT - Great Salt Air
14, 15 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
18, 19, 21 - Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theatre (on sale 9/10)
25 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore
27 - Detroit, MI - State Theatre (on sale 9/17)
29 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
30, 31 - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater

:hyper: :hyper:

Well this is not a Petty show. I was trying to find an open Black Crowes thread, and as is turned out, it was a Petty/Crowes. Don't know if I should repost as a new separate one...

I really want to see them, so I will definitely be trying for tickets. Might you be going? My friend said he saw BC at the Fillmore in S.F. this summer, and it was cool - said they played for like 3 hours. Last time I saw them was when the did that split tour with Oasis, and then with Jimmy Page at the Greek Theater :drool:

Back
Top Bottom