Tom Jones Knighted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
Sir Tom says it's not unusual to love the Queen Wednesday March 29, 02:29 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Welsh singing legend Tom Jones was knighted by Queen Elizabeth on Wednesday in honour of the hip-swivelling star's four decades of performing.

Jones, 65, whose real name is Thomas Woodward, received the accolade for services to music at a ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London.

"It is fantastic. I love seeing the Queen and I have always been a royalist," he told the BBC afterwards.

"She is lovely and she still is lovely. She has got a great smile and her whole face lights up when she smiles."
Sir Tom -- known as Jones the Voice in his homeland -- had his first number one hit in 1965 with "It's Not Unusual" and went on to notch up a series of chart successes including "Delilah", "Green Green Grass Of Home" and "Sex Bomb".

A contemporary of Elvis Presley, he has won a new legion of fans in recent years performing with modern stars such as Wyclef Jean and Robbie Williams.

tomknight.jpg

Quite true. Honestly, Sex Bomb is probably the greatest song ever written. Bono wishes he could still write like this.

Make me explode although you know the route to go to sex me slow slow baby
And yes
I must react to claims of those who say that you are not all that huh, huh,
Huh

Back
Top Bottom