Tom Cruise on Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Now, let's stay tuned for Wednesday's show with NATE!!! I wish he'd come (re)decorate my house. He's a doll :wink: :yes:
nate berkus... :drool:

Nate :drool:

Yes Tom is acting strangely, but my longterm crush on him lives on

I found these on defamer :laugh:

pet.gif

agitated.gif

attack.gif

Last edited:
Glad I caught this thread. It was disturbing how over the top and dramatic he was. It wasn't really funny, the audience and Oprah ate it up but I thought it was a bit sad. I don't know if it was an act or if he really felt compelled to act like ass because of love.

PS, I'll give them 2 years before they break up.

After reading his comments about Brooke Shields, I've decided Tom Cruise is even more of the sexist jerk I thought he was after he dumped Nicole.

I wouldn't date him in a million years.

Numb1075 said:
Aardvark has man crushes on Larry Mullen AND Tom Cruise:giggle:

He's just my fave actor of all time. Always has been. Got every film of his on dvd - and can't wait for 'War of the Worlds'!

When I was younger, I used to think my elder brother looked a lot like TC, and I always pictured my brother as him in his movies. So, each time something bad happened to him in one, i'd always cry, cos i'd be imagining him as my brother...:reject:

what did he say about Brooke Shields? Didn't he have something against modern medicine and psychology/psychiatry? Did he say her post partum depression wasn't real?

Tom Cruise has criticized Hollywood pal Brooke Shields' "misguided" use of the anti-depressant Paxil, while declaring the actress' career as over. In an interview with Billy Bush on TV show Access Hollywood, to be screened on Thursday, Cruise speaks of his disappointment to learn Shields used Paxil to fight post-natal depression following the birth of her daughter Rowan. Shields is currently weaning herself off her medication so she and husband Chris Henchy can have another child. Cruise, who claims to have helped people fight drug addictions through his controversial Scientology religion, says the Suddenly Susan actress should have used vitamins to help her feelings of despair. Cruise says, "Here is a woman, and I care about Brooke Shields because I think she is an incredibly talented woman. You look at, where has her career gone?" Despite the Minority Report actor's declaration her career is over, Shields is currently receiving rave reviews playing murderess Roxie Hart in the London theatre production of Chicago. Cruise maintains, "These drugs are dangerous. I have actually helped people come off. When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that. You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

I don't think he has any personal experience, let alone any medical knowledge and should keep his opinions to himself. :down:

It can also cure marriages--though, apparently, not his own. :eyebrow:

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman didn't consider marriage counseling to save their relationship - because the movie hunk's Scientology beliefs forbid such forms of "psychiatry". The couple shocked Hollywood when they split in February 2001 after almost 10 years of marriage, and now, in an exclusive interview with TV show Access Hollywood, Cruise reveals there was no way of working things out once he decided it was over. He says, "They say, 'Hey, promiscuity is part of marriage, it's OK.' You have this whole thing going out there." Cruise insists even the church's own counseling schemes wouldn't have worked for him and Kidman, but refuses to go into details about why they split up. He adds, "There is marriage counseling in scientology that we apply that actually helps to put people back into communication with one another." Meanwhile, the Mission: Impossible star used the interview on the show to praise his Catholic ex-wife for allowing him to follow his Scientology beliefs, and let their adopted kids join the church, even though she never became a member herself. He explains, "Nic and I are doing a great job raising our children because, right from the beginning, the thing that I do admire about Nic is the respect of someone else's beliefs. She's not a bigot."

I agree with you AvsGirl41. Who does he think he is...

And if he has the healing power - send him to my Mom's house. She's been in pain for the last 30 years. Chronic pain the last many with 2 hip replacement surgeries, fiber myalgia, and several others problems I cannot recall. She's on medication constantly, which doesn't really help. She's looking for the 'Miracle Drug', which there ain't any of (at least not the literal kind). Someone send Tom the one.org addy.

Back
Top Bottom