today's useless question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
you remember those big huge satellite dishes that the rich people on your block had in the eighties?
as far as i know the idea behind them was much like a concave mirror and the reciever thing was at the focal point, right?
but since they were mesh, presumably so that they wouldn't be weighed down by water or snow, wouldn't some of the signals gone right through the dish?
i don't get it, i'm sure my understand is just wrong.

if my understanding is correct, it wouldn't matter much as long as the holes aren't the same size or bigger than the wave length

[This message has been edited by hermes (edited 04-03-2002).]

pardon me, but what the hell would make you think of this? how very random!....unless you have some sort of reason....in which case it will no longer be random, but purposeful...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Originally posted by hermes:
if my understanding is correct, it wouldn't matter much as long as the holes aren't the same size or bigger than the wave length

[This message has been edited by hermes (edited 04-03-2002).]

ahhh. i see. that does make sense.
thank you.

Originally posted by Lilly:
pardon me, but what the hell would make you think of this? how very random!....unless you have some sort of reason....in which case it will no longer be random, but purposeful...
biggrin.gif

hmmm. this, in and of itself, could be tommorows useless question.
i don't know the answer tho...sickness?

Originally posted by zonelistener:
College, Lilly...College!
wink.gif

ummm, yeah college. that's why i wrote 'i'm sure my understand is wrong' in the first post.

it was actually the 36 hours i had been awake at that point.

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
ummm, yeah college. that's why i wrote 'i'm sure my understand is wrong' in the first post.

it was actually the 36 hours i had been awake at that point.

I just figured that I knew what you were studying...and how odd questions like this pop up in my head in my professional world.

Cheers

Originally posted by zonelistener:

I just figured that I knew what you were studying...and how odd questions like this pop up in my head in my professional world.

Cheers

haha, i've actually been wondering this for ages
smile.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
HI KOBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MADDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*is thoroughly confused as to what we are actually doing, but is having fun
wink.gif

I still see the big dishes occasionally in rural Alabama; in the 80s, people in those areas "had it made" if they had a "dish," a trampoline, and an above ground pool. Bass boats were also a luxury.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom