Today is the greatest, day I've ever known

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it all the Pumpkins? I guess if they are actually calling themselves the Smashing Pumpkins it will be more than just Billy and Jimmy? So Iha would be back and well probably Melissa?

They made some excellent music, a few duds, but overall soooo good and challenging. This is indeed good news.

:dies:

The most underrated band of the whole grunge era of the '90s.

Billy Corgan is a genius, pure and simple.

LemonMacPhisto said:
:dies:

The most underrated band of the whole grunge era of the '90s.

Billy Corgan is a genius, pure and simple.

He is a genius with the pumpkins :yes: ,but I could take or leave his solo stuff :|

I never was a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins. While they have many good songs (granted, I know mostly the singles), Billy's voice gets on my nerves if I hear more than 2 of his songs in a row.

So I have no particular feelings (good or bad) about a Smashing Pumpkins reunion.
Urban Dance Squad is also coming back together. Now that's a band I want to see live again! :hyper:

:D

coemgen said:
I'm not sure yet, but I'd guess it may be D'Arcy back instead of Melissa.

Can anyone actually find D'Arcy though?:wink:

I haven't heard that anyone is involved other than Billy and Jimmy. If that is true, then how is this any different than Zwan or a solo album with Jimmy as drummer? Not trying to be a naysayer, I love the Pumpkins, this just sounds more like the same stuff Billy Corgan has been doing, but using the Pumpkin name as a publicity stunt.

But I guess the Pumpkins were always almost a solo outfit for Billy anyway, especially Siamese Dream where he rerecorded most of the bass and guitar parts and just left Jimmy's drumming alone. Maybe this will now mean that Billy will return to the type of music he does best, instead of the new stuff he tried recently.

Sorry, big ramble, just not sure what to think about this. I'll reserve judgement until I hear something.

See if it was just Billy and Jimmy, I don't think they would be calling this a Pumpkin's album!

bsp77 said:
I haven't heard that anyone is involved other than Billy and Jimmy. If that is true, then how is this any different than Zwan or a solo album with Jimmy as drummer? Not trying to be a naysayer, I love the Pumpkins, this just sounds more like the same stuff Billy Corgan has been doing, but using the Pumpkin name as a publicity stunt.

I think this is the real deal. Billy bought a full-page ad in the New York Times or some other big paper asking for his band back, wanting to reunite the Pumpkins. I would have to guess that's what happened. I don't think it's a publicity stunt. It's on the Pumpkins' site.

He's one of those few drummers that are so unique and can recognize his style immediately. Lots of it is subtle changes and "off beats".

I am a fan of his work.

coemgen said:

I think this is the real deal. Billy bought a full-page ad in the New York Times or some other big paper asking for his band back, wanting to reunite the Pumpkins. I would have to guess that's what happened. I don't think it's a publicity stunt. It's on the Pumpkins' site.

I know that he is reviving the Pumpkins and I know it is official. However, we have no news that Iha or one of the two bassists is on board. There was actually a statement a few weeks ago (which I can't find) that said that Jimmy was all he needed. I hope Iha comes back but I wouldn't be surprised if he reunites the Pumpkins w/o him or Darcy/Melissa.

MumblingBono said:
Sorry folks, buy Iha had alot to do with their magical sound. Corgan and Chamberlain will merely create a sad shell of their former greatness.

I agree. I strongly doubt if Corgan would call he and Chamberlin The Smashing Pumpkins without Iha. Although Corgan played guitar in the recordings, Iha definitely can't be replaced. If Corgan were to go on without Iha, I'd lose some respect for him. I just don't think he'd do that.

LJT said:
See if it was just Billy and Jimmy, I don't think they would be calling this a Pumpkin's album!

How about Squash, or The Gourds? :shifty:

It will be interesting to see what happens. Personally, I'd prefer Melissa Auf der Maur over D'arcy. I may be in the minority on this, however.

It would take some beggin from corgan to get Iha back in it.

Yes!!!!!:happy: Last night i dreamt about Smashing pumpkins and that is because i read they are recording againg....Oh,DESPITE OF MY RAGE STILL LIKE A RAT IN A CAGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom