Today I got tickets for NEIL YOUNG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Yes, Yes the subject is right, for an Australian NY geek, this is a pretty big thing- Neil hasn't graced our shores since 1989 and back then I knew who he was, but I wasn't a geek :)

so anyway I just wanted to see if any of you here in the Northern hemisphere had managed to catch his new tour 'Greendale" and if so can you give me your thoughts and opinions on it:)

Haven't been to the knew one but I did see him 3 years ago. He was great but dont' expect him to rock like he use to. Your going to have a great time though, he is awesome!!!!!!!!

I thought Neil Young got you to get his tickets for him

I wonder what kind of stuff mr. Young would go to :hmm:

Ok, this tour is now coming to New Mexico in February. Who saw it? Should I go? Presale Thursday, I need to know I need to know I need to know NOW!

:hyper:

He'll play the ENTIRE Greendale album, then 3-4 classics. Buy the Greendale album, and listen to it alot, cause that's what he's going to play, the WHOLE thing. Oh, and he rocks like a motherfucker. I saw him in NY back in June, the encore was "Hey, Hey, My, My" then "Roll Another Number", and finally "Keep On Rocking In The Free World".

It is a good record, but the songs are quite long, as it is a concept record telling the story of a fictional town. He has actors and sets on the stage w/ him, and they act out the story that the songs tell, while he plays them. It's very clever, and effective.

Hmmm... I love Neil Young and I can't believe I've never seen him live, but I'm not so big on concept records. I'll have to think about this. Thanks. :)

I would say see him now while you have the chance. He's 59 or so, and you may never get another chance to see one of the greatest rock artists of all time.

Back
Top Bottom