Today I bought Rubber Soul, Nebraska and Led Zep 2. Comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I know the entire Led Zep album, just needed to get it for a long time. I grew up with it.
BTW, Moby Dick is a rip-off of 'Toad' by Ginger Baker of CREAM.
tongue.gif

I have been listening to Relvolver lately and told myself I needed to get Relvolver as well. Anybody like Rubber Soul over Relvolver? Why?

And I have only heard good things about Springsteen's Nebraska. I figured it should be my first Boss album, I figured if I started with Born to Run/Born in the USA, then I would never buy another album of his. I don't know why but I don't like to begin with the biggest albums with some artists.

Any random comments about these albums are in order.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Drug testing "What a waste of urine."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Rubber Soul is easily my favorite Beatles album, it captures the transition from the early Beatles to the Sgt. Pepper's Beatles perfectly. The harmonies on the album, especially Nowhere Man, are perfect, and it contains my absolute favorite Beatles song, In My Life. Virtually flawless album, and you get to hear Ringo sing lead vocals on What Goes On. Oh, and speaking of In My Life, I have a really cool spoken-word version with Sean Connery, gotta love that accent.

I enjoy some Springsteen, but he's not my absolute favorite, and I haven't heard Nebraska for some time.

Zeppelin II is tied with Houses of the Holy for my favorite Zeppelin album. It's also somewhat of a transitional album. They began to incorporate more melody into their songs, expanding on the blues of the first album, to much greater success. The songs flow wonderfully, especially Heartbreaker into Living Loving Maid. Great album.

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Virtually flawless album, and you get to hear Ringo sing lead vocals on What Goes On.

Oh, that's why I didn't really like that track. I was sitting here posting as I was listening to it and I didn't know why I didn't like it. I was too busy to realize that it was Ringo, ha ha. Sorry, but I hate his lead vocals.

Oh, and speaking of In My Life, I have a really cool spoken-word version with Sean Connery, gotta love that accent.

Gimme swords for a thousand! That sounds very cool.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Gimme swords for a thousand! That sounds very cool.

Connery: I'll take "Sounds that cows make" for 800
Trebek: The sound that a cow makes is...
Connery: **barks**
Trebek: I'm sorry, that isn't the sound that cows make
Connery: No, Trebek, it's the sound your mother made last night! Ho ho ha.

I love Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL, I could watch it for hours.

Yeah i love rubber soul too, seems there are alotta U2 fans who have connected with that album...as for In My Life i think the anthology documentaries did that song a great service...twas the 1st time i heard it anyway
biggrin.gif

I borrowed Nebraska from a friend not long ago. The album depressed me so badly that I could only listen to it once!

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I love Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL, I could watch it for hours.

Gimme the rapists...
Gimme ape tit...

Connery and Reynolds are the best!
biggrin.gif

Oh and you can Download most/all the episodes from Collegehumor.com ,FYI.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:

Oh and you can Download most/all the episodes from Collegehumor.com ,FYI.

Praise to Swallow!
Ok, here's the final jeopardy answer... write something you like...

Let's see what you wrote, Mr. Connery... it says, "Alex Trebek"... You like me?

Connery: "I may rake you over the coals a bit, but it's all in good fun"

Trebek: "I don't know what to say... let's see what you wagered... 'sucks'..."

Connery: Hah ha hah..

Back
Top Bottom