'To The Moon And Back' by Savage Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Does anybody remember this song? Or even this band? :wink:

This is one of the few Savage Garden songs I have a guilty pleasure for. :reject: I Want You sounded too Roxette-ish. And Truly Madly Deeply and I Know I Loved You were just :yuck:

I would fly to the moon and back if you'll be...
If you'll be my baby
Got a ticket for a world where we belong
So would you be my baby? :whistle:

:reject:

:lmao:

Edit: To be serious then Savage Garden reminds me of MLTR. Its catchy but very cheesy.

I seem to remember a song called something with ´animal´. Ok song.

Last edited:
My sister had that album when we were in middle school, and I actually thought there were some good songs on there. "To the Moon and Back" is probably the best one, but songs like "Carry On Dancing" were neat too. It was good pop.

omg, YES!
hahh savage garden were one of my very first bands that i ever started listening to when i first started listning to music. geezi was so sad when they broke up wayyy back when.
i loved truly madly deeply and crash and burn and all the good stuff, lol ;]

I remember their song crash and burn and it got a lot of video play on tv..

and I remember thinking the video was really morbid. :lol:

I wasn't much of a savage garden fan, but I have to admit they're a better choice compared to a few other groups that exist(ed)

Not enough b**** in this music.

.....and am I the only one who thought typhoon was older than he just revealed? :huh: :scratch:

youtooellen said:
I remember their song crash and burn and it got a lot of video play on tv..

and I remember thinking the video was really morbid. :lol:

I wasn't much of a savage garden fan, but I have to admit they're a better choice compared to a few other groups that exist(ed)

Crash and Burn has the same bass line as With or Without You, believe or not.

I have to admit I really liked some of their songs (even if they were cheesy). I was dating an Aussie at the time too and so that just heightened it. I remember really liking Universe and especially Santa Monica :drool:

Savage Garden were one of those "it was a good idea at the time" bands. There music doesn't hold up terribly well and thankfully their Highest Selling Australian Album By A Group or Duo record was broken this year. :up:

timothius said:
Savage Garden were one of those "it was a good idea at the time" bands. There music doesn't hold up terribly well and thankfully their Highest Selling Australian Album By A Group or Duo record was broken this year. :up:

By who? Jet?

Zootlesque said:

By who? Jet?

In Australia this is... Recurring Dream: The Very Best Of Crowded House broke it when it went 14 times platinum (70,000 sales per platinum, which equates to one in every 5 homes for each record) after it's release in late 1996.

Jet last I saw was hanging in around 7-10 times platinum praise the Lord!

They have this song on "Affirmation" about getting in touch with an ex-lover that is called "I don't know you anymore". It's beautiful. Give it a listen when you can.

Back
Top Bottom