To root canal or not root canal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

to root or not to root, that is the question

• yes, they are worth it. buy some time with one

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • no, they are not. why put off the inevitable?

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
I think I would have to go for the root canal. Though I have heard horror stories of how painful they are. Need oral surgery to remove impacted wisdom teeth so that's enough removing of the teeth for me! lol. Terrified to have that done after hearing the horror stories about that surgery! :yikes: Hasn't technology gotten to the point yet where we can just take a pill and all tooth problems are solved? :wink:

Yes there is a vast VAST difference, especially if the root of the tooth is dead. Impacted teeth are a major oral surgery and I've had that done as well. NO FUN! Infections are so easily contracted so it is SO important to follow doctor's orders to keep the mouth clean and let it heal normally.

Yeah my best friend had his impacted wisdom teeth out last year and it was no fun for him. As for the root canal I would just prefer to have one done rather than have the tooth pulled. Can see why someone would prefer just to have the tooth removed instead though. Especially if there is no guarantee that the root canal will save the tooth.

Sorry to bump this up, but I wanted to say thanks for the replies, I went away after I posted it and haven't been home since to catch up. It's been really informative, though. I still dont know what to do, but I will look into it more. One of my biggest gripes is the cost it will end up, no matter which option I decide. I've kidded myself that it wont hurt too much, but knowing my luck something will go wrong and it will hurt like a son of a bitch and end up costing shitloads more than they quoted, lol.

Back
Top Bottom