to ring or not to ring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
Alright here's the question. Now we know that when us females get engaged we wear a pretty ring on our fingers to show off to everyone! But what about the guys ?? The only ring I normally see on a guy is the wedding ring...so here I'm wondering. Ladies should the guys have to wear a engagement ring too or not ?? Guys what is your opinion on all of this...ring or no ring??
for me personally...I'd have to say I wouldn't mind seeing my future hubby wearing some kind of engagement ring since he's never really worn any kind of ring b4. ok i'm done.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

After drgnwolf1969 and I got engaged, we had actually talked about that. Is there some reason why the girl gets a ring and the guy doesn't?

The guy should have a ring too...when guys start to ask me out, they stop when they see my ring. What's going to stop the women from asking my man out? I gotta mark my territory!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:

The guy should have a ring too...when guys start to ask me out, they stop when they see my ring. What's going to stop the women from asking my man out? I gotta mark my territory!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

hmm.. haven't you heard that men who wear a wedding ring tend to notice that they get more attention from women than when they were single?

maybe you better rethink your position.

Originally posted by Bound:

hmm.. haven't you heard that men who wear a wedding ring tend to notice that they get more attention from women than when they were single?

maybe you better rethink your position.

That's it! No ring for John!

I'll just hang a sign around his neck that says "Touch Me And Die!"
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-04-2002).]

When my cousin and his wife got engaged, she went out and got him a beautiful celtic band that he wore until they got married. He loved it, and I plan to do the same thing when I'm no longer the Dateless Wonder.

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
When my cousin and his wife got engaged, she went out and got him a beautiful celtic band that he wore until they got married.

That is exactly my plan! I love Celtic jewelry of all kind, and to be honest, I don't want a gem for my own ring even though I know that's traditional. I'd rather have a Celtic knotwork band of some sort that matched my fianc?'s. And yes, I think that it's only fair for both parties to wear engagement rings.

wow about the celtic ring thing! I want to do that!!! Actually right now the only ring I wear is the ummm hehe celtic wedding ring one. you know the one that has the 2 hands holding the heart w/the crown on top?? I just call it my promise ring and I wanted to get one for my boyfriend but he'd have had to try the rings on to see which fit and well he lives in another state than me right now! lol Woo-hoo for the celtic ring thinkers!! love the knotwork rings...so awsome.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

ahhhh wedding plans,so romantic, good luck 2U jem
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-05-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom