To quote a good friend "Gavin Friday defined cool"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Just bought "Shag Tobacco" and my god could this album be any better! I love it. He has such hauting vocals and I love the loungy feel to his music.

Any Gavin lovers out there? Let's make this a Gavin Friday appreciation thread! :D (I am quite excited to be trying out my new keyboard... lol!!)

The funny thing is, last summer when I was in Ireland, my friend's and I were in Galway when the documentary "Tumble In New York" was broadcast on televison... (you both know who you are)... and anyway.... the scenes with Gavin made me laugh so hard!! He seemed like such a poser. Such a Bono wannabe, right down to his shades, clothes and even the way he walks!! They even funnier thinig is we kept running into him in Dublin, and one night late, late I looked over at my friends and said- 'Oh there's Poser boy' and of course they new right away who it was- Gavin Friday! they didn't belive my of course, until he walked right passed. I guess you had to be there to see the humour. bono_man!!!! :sexywink: Rosa!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Anyway.... of what I have heard before of Gavin I liked, but it was always stuff with Bono, except for Angel. I finally went out and bought an album of his today and I am completely amazed how much I like it. He really reminds me of David Bowie. Anyone else think so?

Last edited:
I LOVE Gavin Friday. :love: :heart:

He never struck me as a 'poser' or a Bono copycat. :confused: I know other people on here have said they thought he was a poser, too.

Gavin is not the F.O.B. that I was trying to meet tonight..for those interested-.
I understand he is a coolcat and wouldnt want anything to do w me.
Shut up-:mad:
thank you
courtesy bump
diamond:tongue: :cool: :yes:

Thx for the courtesy bump diamond, even though it was a blatant attempt at promoting your own thread! :mac:

Well... elevatedmole, I don't think he is a poser anymore if that is any consolation, and btw--> I so rudely have failed to thank you for the glorious work you did creating my avatar!!! Thank-you sooooo much!!!! :D

Gavin Friday is probably more well known for being "Bono's Buddy" than as a pop star. That said, the guy has a cool voice though I must admit I'm only familiar with his work on the "In The Name of the Father" soundtrack. However, in this day and age of non-stick wallpaper music and bubblegum pop I am seriously considering buying Gavin's new album because at the very least it will sound nothing like most of the trash you hear on contemporary radio stations here in the U.S.

If his album sounds anything like Bowie than consider me an instant fan of his!

Angel said:
Thx for the courtesy bump diamond, even though it was a blatant attempt at promoting your own thread! :mac:

Well... elevatedmole, I don't think he is a poser anymore if that is any consolation, and btw--> I so rudely have failed to thank you for the glorious work you did creating my avatar!!! Thank-you sooooo much!!!! :D

Sorry Angel, I didn't mean to sound like I was mad -- I was just trying to say that it never even occurred to me. Anyway.. you're welcome :D I'm glad you like it.

Back
Top Bottom