To my fellow skippys on Aus Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Have a great Australia Day all who celebrate this fine custom :wink:
Happy cricket, bbq's, sun, beach and beer to you all :D

And remember, don't drink and drive, let the double demerits at least, deter you!

i never knew there was an australia day.
have a happy one :happy: :up:

and yes what exactly is it? :eyebrow:

bonosgirl84 said:
happy whatever it is you're celebrating!!! :D

The start of the genocide, oops, the landing of Captain Cook in Sydney 200+ years ago. Supposed to also commerate the federation of the states into a nation. We get the day off work to have a barbie, go for a swim, and then pass out drunk watching the fireworks. :wink:

sue4u2 said:
You're labour day has come and gone..
Isn't it a labor day of sorts? Have a good one!!:dance:

Nup. Labour day is different. All the different states celebrate Labour day on a different date depending when is the anniversary of the event.

Australia Day is kinda special cause all the states celebrate it on the same day - Jan 26.

Happy Australia DAY!

Hope you had fun playing with the barbies! :eyebrow::shrug:

seems like an odd "tradition" - but it is Australia.

zoney! said:

seems like an odd "tradition" - but it is Australia.

Not THOSE barbies - barbeques, oh frig, I cant spell it. :laugh:

BBQs

as in cooking up huge amounts of food. (I have never actually tried to cook a barbie doll. I must investigate.

well I went off early...I get excited about JJJ Hottest 100 and as it turns out, so does my daughter in law , so she and the big fella came for a visit. They usually play all the songs on Australia Day, but not this year. We did in fact have a barbie and a swim and watched "Ned Kelly" with Heath and Orlando....at last. Poor little sunshine, you never stood a chance.
Yesterday I watched two good movies "adaption"***** and "frida"***half...multicultural day, both very good:)
I don't really like the choice of day to celebrate our nationhood. It commemorates January 26 1788, when Captain Phillip arrived with the First Fleet of British soldiers and convicts. It would be good to find a day that includes the aboriginal people. It would be hard to choose the perfect day that suits everyone though.
I wish I had gone to my local council celebration. The guest of honour was a man I admire greatly. He started the Seabird Rescue organistion in this area and it is now growing into a nationwide thing. If I lived closer to the coast I would certainly become one of his volunteers.
Thanks for your well wishes
I love the wide brown land, with the delicate little green bit round the edge
diverse, generous, tough and beautiful
we are so lucky to be here
:)

Happy Australia Day eh

In honour of your fine day I grilled shrimp for dinner, drank some beer (sorry, I was out of Fosters), listened to INXS and Midnight Oil. My kids watched their Wiggles DVD over and over again. Time now to watch a movie...mmm something with Russell Crowe.

Back
Top Bottom