To Kine or not to Kine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kinesiology?

• Yes, transfer.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No, stay the course.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Neither. Drop out of school and go work at McDonald's for the rest of your life.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
hey everyone.

as you may or may not know, i'm a first-year arts student at Dalhousie University. my goal after my undergrad degree is to go to medical school.

my thing is this: i want to go into either trauma surgery or sports medicine.

so my thought the other day was that maybe i should transfer into the BSc(Kinesiology) program. i know for a fact that it'd definitely help me get a job in sports medicine, and it'd better prepare me for med school. and if i change my mind and go into trauma surgery, it'll help anyways.

but if i do this and transfer, that means i more or less need to start all over again, and add an extra year to my undergrad program to make up the courses i've missed. all 4 of my courses can transfer but they're all used as electives.

so do you think it's worth it? it's a big commitment, and i've been throwing it back and forth in my mind for the past while trying to decide.

i just want you guys' opinions.

:)

I'm not really sure. Do you want to do kinesiology or are you just thinking of doing it because it may be helpful? Because if it's the former, then do it. But if it's the latter, there are a number of programs which would IMO (having gone down your path) help you a lot more with med school admission than kinesiology.

All depends on what you want.

well like i said, i want to get into Sports Medicine. so i definitely WANT to do it. but my thought is more on the practical aspects of it.

If you want to do it, then do it. An extra year is not that long anyway. :)

well yeah...that makes it at least 9 years before i'll get out of school completely.

i'll be 27 when i even start residency.

anyways, i want to do it. i have the application and everything already filled out. now it's just a matter of submitting it and paying the $45 application fee before march 15.

oh, and by the way, the thread title isn't pronounced "kyne". it's like "kinnee"...as in "kinesiology". just to clear up anyone thinking i'm a complete doofus. ;)

Back
Top Bottom