to dunk or not to dunk, that is the question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of dunking chocolate biscuits into tea.

• It's disgusting, plebian!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • oh man, bring it on!

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • yeah it's disgusting but i still do it

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • who's Bono?

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

ewen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and a plate of Oreos. Now, on the side of the packet I was given an eating instruction to dunk.

This made me think back to a time, early 90s, when my then band was sat in the living room of my drummer's house. He made us a cup of tea (woah, how rawk'n'rowal) and offered some chocolate biscuits (chocolate biscuit addiction one day can lead to a heroin habit the next in the life of a potential rawk god).

Anyhooo, his face turned extremeley pale (that's saying something for a pasty-faced Scotsman) as my chocolate biscuit hit my tea.

"Oh man, that's disgusting!"

"What?" replied I

"Dunking your chocolate biscuit in tea!"

Well, this has truly scarred me...seriously. I am a closet dunker these days.

So, the question is - what's the viewpoint on dunking chocolate biscuits into hot tea? Is it a very plebian thing to do?

there seems to be a lot of "i thought he said" going on here. :scratch: No wonder wires get crossed so frequently in FYM. :reject:

the words are

"dunk"

&

"plebian"

in fact, really, this was actually a whole big test to see if people truly read and understand things fully. it has nothing at all to do with chocolate biscuits being fed to drunk Plebans.

you all failed miserably, including me. I am off now to dunk myself in a candle lit bath of acid.

i'm sorry but you can only dunk oreos in a tall glass of cold milk to truly enjoy them :wink:

oreos in tea is just wrong :laugh:

Ok...
I've got my booze :drunk:, now who's going to get me my chocolate biscuit?

:wink:

ewen said:

in fact, really, this was actually a whole big test to see if people truly read and understand things fully. it has nothing at all to do with chocolate biscuits being fed to drunk Plebans.

you all failed miserably, including me. I am off now to dunk myself in a candle lit bath of acid.

Does this mean I don't get a chocolate biscuit? :sigh:

Last edited:
JessicaAnn said:
I though this said to drunk or not to drunk. :|

:up: Same here

I used to dunk but now we don't buy biscuits but if we did I'd probably still do it. :shrug:

Lara Mullen said:

I used to dunk but now we don't buy biscuits but if we did I'd probably still do it. :shrug:

what do you mean you don't buy biscuits? what, like never? remind me never to pop in to your hooos for a cuppa next time I'm in the north of Ireland.

never?

not even a Rich Tea? You must buy Rich Teas...surely?

you don't dunk bread in your tea do you?

ewen said:

what do you mean you don't buy biscuits? what, like never? remind me never to pop in to your hooos for a cuppa next time I'm in the north of Ireland.

never?

not even a Rich Tea? You must buy Rich Teas...surely?

you don't dunk bread in your tea do you?
#

lol, never

we have a diabetic in the house so when she was diagnosed we just started a really healthy lifestyle, we used to buy the odd packet of biscuits before that but it was never often

if you came to visit we would buy you some. visitors always get biscuits. :up:

JessicaAnn said:
Well, despite me misreading the subject, yes, I do dunk cookies in tea and in coffee.

:up:

you win 2 and a 1/4 chocolate biscuits and a teabag.

does anyone out there dunk pizza in their tea?

I'm perfectly fine with dunking cookies in coffee, milk or tea. Only snobs would have a problem with that really. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
I'm perfectly fine with dunking cookies in coffee, milk or tea. Only snobs would have a problem with that really. :wink:

I dunno, believe the Queen gets a flunky to do her dunking......a bit of a dunky-flunky I suppose you could say.

KhanadaRhodes said:
no!!! you can't dunk the cookies because then the crumbs get in your drink. :yuck:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

cookie-croutons

I'm not big on tea. But unless you're mixing it w/ milk then it just doesn't strike me as a good dunking liquid. Don't ask me to explain my thought process on that. :D

oh definately , there's milk in them thar fills.

23596dunk.jpg

Biscuits? I have biscuits in the morning sometimes, with butter and jelly and the like. Unless that's some kind of foreign-speak for cookies? You crazy foreigners. What will you come up with next? :wink:

Anyhoo, to answer the question, yes. Dunking rules. :drool:

XHendrix24 said:
Biscuits? I have biscuits in the morning sometimes, with butter and jelly and the like. Unless that's some kind of foreign-speak for cookies? You crazy foreigners. What will you come up with next? :wink:

:lmao: It's called biscuits in the rest of the world, you crazy American. I was born in India and lived there for 20 years before coming to the US to study. So I'm familiar with both terms 'biscuit' and 'cookie'.

Back
Top Bottom