TO Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
This is something I thought I'd never say... especially as a fan of an NFC East opponent...

But god damn... TO is the man. Despite losing, to show up with a broken leg and do what he did... I have nothing but respect for the man from here on out. I'm in awe of what he did.

And to be perfectly honest with ya... TO kept it closer than it probably should have been. Without his catches, and without him being on the field as a decoy, I seriously doubt Philly woulda scored the few points that they did. What a game, what a presence.

Last edited:
Owens deserves a lot of credit, his one error in judgement was doing the Eagle bird flap thing after his 30 yd catch (on which Freddie "mouth" Mitchell picked blatantly and didn't get called), celebrating a tad bit early in a scoreless game, gave Givens and Vrabel fuel to mock him after scoring.
But otherwise, a gutty performance, one Eagle who stepped up and did more than his part.

Hewson said:
Owens deserves a lot of credit, his one error in judgement was doing the Eagle bird flap thing after his 30 yd catch (on which Freddie "mouth" Mitchell picked blatantly and didn't get called), celebrating a tad bit early in a scoreless game, gave Givens and Vrabel fuel to mock him after scoring.
But otherwise, a gutty performance, one Eagle who stepped up and did more than his part.

That was funny maybe the first time they did it.

After a half dozen times in the 3rd Quarter, they just looked like complete tools.

Actually I think it was the Eagles who looked like tools, they celebrated a first down in a scoreless first quarter, and the Pats rubbed their noses in it the rest of the game.
Did you see Freddie Mitchell get up and start to celebrate his one and only catch for 11 yarsd in the 4th quarter, he was about to dance and do the "first down" motion, but then for maybe the first time in his life, his brain took over before his mouth or body could make him look like more of a fool.

Hewson said:

Did you see Freddie Mitchell get up and start to celebrate his one and only catch for 11 yarsd in the 4th quarter, he was about to dance and do the "first down" motion, but then for maybe the first time in his life, his brain took over before his mouth or body could make him look like more of a fool.

i noticed that too....I started laughing. He really wanted to start talking trash. He does need to get the TV time though, since Lewis will be starting over him and Pinkston next year.

TO had an amazing game all things considered. I know that they did xrays right after the game to check for problems, but I still can't believe he decided to play on essentially a badly broken leg that was just screwed together a few weeks ago. I'm sort of afraid that in a couple of years we'll all be discussing TO's early retirement, badly deformed leg, and oxycontin addiction...

T.O. was able to play so well cause of a breakthrough medical procedure...they used a Sharpie marker in his sock to support the injured ankle!!:wink:

freddie mitchel... freddie fucking mitchel...

i thought he "had something for rodney harrison?"

perhaps it was another ring :shrug:

i like when guys flap their mouths relentlessly for the entire two weeks leading up to the super bowl and then catch as many balls as the other team's linebacker. it ammuses me.

Last edited:
TO played a great game and will always be an asset when he's happy and winning. The minute the losing starts in Philly, he'll be back to his old habits from his last few seasons as a 49er.

I expect him not to be able to last the entire off season without running his mouth about someone/something in the Eagle organization.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i could care less about TO "running his mouth."

i only care about people who run their mouth and can't back it up. TO always backs it up.

Headache, you know I'm not talking about trash talking and other smack. He's got my respect for playing at all in the SB, let alone how well.. I'm refering to his bad mouthing of teammates, and coaches-- like the fiasco he created with Jeff Garcia and questioning his sexual orientation. That kind of shit ruins a clubhouse. But as long as he is in phily I guess that's OK w/ me.

Back
Top Bottom