To all of our Interference Canadians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you.

And to all Montreal residents... Happy Moving Day.

:up:

So what will you all do for Canada Day?

What type of traditions/activities do you normally do?

Regardless of what you do, I hope you all have a good time. I've come to believe that most of the best posters here in Interference are all Canadian. (A very attractive female acquaintance of mine is also Canadian :up: ) Maybe I should move north, what do you think?

:heart: Canada

As an honorary Canadian (title bestowed upon me by kobayashi) I would like to celebrate this wonderful day. Now, if only my boss would let me take the day off work. :p

Happy Canada Day!!!

we plot. plot our slow takeover of the world. and maybe listen to the hip or olp

happy canada day!

today i will be doing a whole lot of nothing and loving every minute of it. it's a beautiful day here on the east coast so i'll plan on going out and enjoying it.

Yay, Happy Canada Day!

I'm probably going to a BBQ and then to see some fireworks if it doesn't rain. :)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
what is the meaning of this holiday?

I asked the same thing....and the response:

"Before 1982, Canada Day had been known as Dominion Day, First of July, Confederation Day, and July the First. Canada Day celebrates the events that occurred on July 1, 1867, when the British North America Act created the Canadian federal government. The BNA Act proclaimed "one Dominion under the name of Canada," therefore the original title of the holiday, "Dominion Day." Dominion Day was officially renamed "Canada Day" by an Act of Parliament on October 27, 1982. This change reflected the policy of successive governments to downplay Canada's colonial origins. Canada's national celebration is always observed on July 1, unless that date falls on a Sunday. In which case it is observed the following day."

So, I ask...when is the Revolution? Get rid of those colonial ties. Become independent!

thank you chris for the the info

Zoni is correct, but it is much more simple to say that Canada Day is Canada's birthday! Canada is 136 years old today, as confederation was 1867.

Happy Birthday Canada!!!

There's so much going on here right now...bands playing in the parks...traffic is a standstill. Fireworks tonight!!

Michael Griffiths said:
Zoni is correct, but it is much more simple to say that Canada Day is Canada's birthday! Canada is 136 years old today, as confederation was 1867.

Happy Birthday Canada!!!

There's so much going on here right now...bands playing in the parks...traffic is a standstill. Fireworks tonight!!

And this all extends into another birthday celebration tomorrow, right? :sexywink:

zonelistener said:

WHAT? :angry:

You are not a native of Canada?

I feel so icky (let me translate for you Canadians... icky = ishy)
Haha, I'm actually a dual citizen. I moved here when I was 5, so I'm more Canadian than anything else (having spent 21 years of my life here, lol)...but technically, I'm also British.

Last edited:
^Buy this man a drink or a ticket to the game or oceanarium or...
Happy Day:)

Back
Top Bottom