Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
I'm trying to piece together what happened last night. I started on Rundle St. with a mate and at around 11:30 he left to go a party when we were at the Shisha house on Hindley. So I went to the pub nearby for what I was hoping would be the last drink of the night, but then I start talking to these young guys there and one of them, who was a DJ, buys me a shot of sambucca, and we take a taxi to Norwood for a party, and I vaguely remember getting high and playing a card game that even then was boring.

Okay, at least I can remember stuff.

Go fish

The Sad Punk said:
You don't have front yard brawls in NZ?

Only when an Aucklander and a Wellingtonian live next door to each other on neutral turf and the Auckland vs Wellington rugby is on TV.

coolian2 said:

Disgusted by the concept, love the taste in small amounts on crackers.

My feelings exactly. After about five or six crackers I find I've quite had enough, but just a few are quite welcome.

coolian2 said:

I could just close my blind, but i like my city view.

If it comes back on i'll just wander down and remove the bulbs.

:lol:

Is there a girl with a grassy wicket out there or something?

coolian2 said:

Aucklanders are too apathetic now

Don't burst my bubble about New Zealand life. I expect the country to be just like the one I left!

coolian2 said:

No, but there is a field with American football goalposts. I've posted the photo of my view enough times!

Plus my neighbours are all ugly

I hadn't noticed that field! I'd go down there with an axe and chop down that abomination.

I've barely seen my neighbours. One's an Indian couple and the most amazing food smells come out of their kitchen every afternoon. One's this weird Asian lady I'm happier avoiding.

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

Don't worry, it's still to your liking in small country towns.

Thank Pinetree. (Who needs Jeebus when there's Pinetree Meads?)

I'm not kidding when I say I'm very tempted to move to Featherston in the Wairarapa and commute into Wellington on the train and work at Victoria Uni. It sounds just about idyllic, especially now that my father's soon moving down to Central Otago and won't be in the Wellington region to bug me.

Axver said:

Actually, it might have been!

And Jen, (un?)fortunately I did have all my clothes, including my sassy red silk shirt. I don't remember headbutting, but I have a huge cut and bruise on my left wrist that I think I got somehow when I was in the bathroom.

The Sad Punk said:

I've tried to learn bridge, but the rules seem so overly convoluted that I can't see it being that interesting a game to play.

And I hope when you come to Melbourne, you wake up hungover on a tram one day wondering where the fuck you are. :wink:

Axver said:

I've tried to learn bridge, but the rules seem so overly convoluted that I can't see it being that interesting a game to play.

And I hope when you come to Melbourne, you wake up hungover on a tram one day wondering where the fuck you are. :wink:

Hmm, well the rules for the game I played were so incredibly linear that I think it may not have been Bridge. I don't remember exactly how to play it, but it could be more that I don't know how to describe such immense boredom.

And don't worry, that'll definitely happen. :wink:

coolian2 said:

That would be just too fucking funny

I've heard that falling asleep drunk on trains is a great way to find yourself on a train shut down and parked in the stabling yards that have no public access. Wonder if a similar thing applies to trams returning to their depot?

I SHOULD GET DRUNK AND FIND OUT!

Axver said:
Probably the best Porcupine Tree album in my opinion. The only dud track is Don't Hate Me, which is too long and has saxophone, which Pink Floyd had already proven doesn't work in rock.

Piano Lessons is my favourite PT song. Even Less is obviously a classic. Pure Narcotic, Slave Called Shiver, This Is No Rehearsal, A Smart Kid, and Stop Swimming are my other top picks. A Smart Kid was amazing live for its atmosphere.

I call it good, not great. Each track seems to have something I don't like enough to prevent me from calling it great. Piano Lessons is probably my favorite off the album. Even Less was a little too long, I think. Stop Swimming was a tad boring to me. Slave Called Shiver, This Is No Rehearsal, and Pure Narcotic were good tracks.

The Sad Punk said:

We are so there!

45'd. Twice.

Ian and I were already thinking we should do Humptulip, a locality in Washington state.

So what do you think, Humptulip or Lake Minnewanka?

Axver said:

I've heard that falling asleep drunk on trains is a great way to find yourself on a train shut down and parked in the stabling yards that have no public access. Wonder if a similar thing applies to trams returning to their depot?

I SHOULD GET DRUNK AND FIND OUT!

That's a long night ahead

Axver said:

Ian and I were already thinking we should do Humptulip, a locality in Washington state.

So what do you think, Humptulip or Lake Minnewanka?

I'm not bothered, as long as there's a new thread soon. Whorehouse Meadow would be good, too.

phillyfan26 said:

I call it good, not great. Each track seems to have something I don't like enough to prevent me from calling it great. Piano Lessons is probably my favorite off the album. Even Less was a little too long, I think. Stop Swimming was a tad boring to me. Slave Called Shiver, This Is No Rehearsal, and Pure Narcotic were good tracks.

I get the feeling I shouldn't recommend the full version of Even Less to you then! That's just the first part on the album. The full version is 14 minutes long.

For record, Stupid Dream wasn't my favourite album to start with. I think my first favourite PT album was Deadwing.

The Sad Punk said:

And Jen, (un?)fortunately I did have all my clothes, including my sassy red silk shirt. I don't remember headbutting, but I have a huge cut and bruise on my left wrist that I think I got somehow when I was in the bathroom.

i love those bruises you get when drunk, mine are ususally big and black as all hell and have me thinking - how the fuck did i do that , time to phone a friend and find out !

i want to see you in that shirt :shifty:

The Sad Punk said:

I'm not bothered, as long as there's a new thread soon. Whorehouse Meadow would be good, too.

I think we should save Whorehouse Meadow for an important occasion. Or maybe this is worthy, since Ian has gone to all the effort to collate the history of the postwhorehouse's post data ...

coolian2 said:

I think Minnewanka is more appropriate considering who would be starting the thread.

Well, your call. Humptulip, Lake Minnewanka, or Whorehouse Meadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom