Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: i see.

yeah i noticed there were some boy setlists missing when i was looking at the other concerts to get an idea of snippets, i saw several were missing.

I believe U2VT's database is the most complete, as I'm fascinated by the early years, so I've put a fair bit of effort into tracking down reviews of early shows to gleam at least one or two songs out of it. A number of our incomplete setlists aren't available at all elsewhere. Mainly because I didn't get off my arse and do that research until AFTER U2tour.de plagiarised our entire database to start their own setlist site.

the tourist said:
I just had a 25 minute telephone conversation with my girlfriend. She thinks she's done something to make me sad. Or that I've done something worthy of being sad about. Neither, of course, is the case. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

:hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss:

oooh, MSN sexbots!

Angelina says:
22/Female/WebCam! =) I am in your area! come check me out on my webcam at this cool website , just click or type www.i'dbetternotposttheaddressbecauseidontwanttobebanned.com into your browser. cya there!

the tourist said:
I just had a 25 minute telephone conversation with my girlfriend. She thinks she's done something to make me sad. Or that I've done something worthy of being sad about. Neither, of course, is the case. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

:manhug:

the tourist said:

Seriously, go to sleep? Sometimes when I find myself down in the dumps of an evening, I just go straight to bed early because I always feel better when I wake up in the morning. A good night's sleep can do wonders.

Axver said:

Seriously, go to sleep? Sometimes when I find myself down in the dumps of an evening, I just go straight to bed early because I always feel better when I wake up in the morning. A good night's sleep can do wonders.

That's what my girlfriend said I should do, too. But I'm not tired at all.

the tourist said:

:sad:

i hate stuff like that. it happened more with my ex cause he was all jealous and insecure, which is just bad news for a relationship. but this week things have been a bit awkward with the boyfriend, he says i've been teasing him all the time (ok i tease him, but it's very affectionate and completely in jest, except the part where i tease him about dressing preppy, because he does...) and it's been a little weird sometimes, but fine others...we're just at the 1 month mark right now :shrug: he's also been drinking really hard with the end of classes. and i've been getting super attached which is bad cause we only have 3 weeks left :sad:

Varitek said:

so, the father of the family i'm just about to agree with for the au pair thing is a u2 fan, not a crazy like us, but was at some UK shows in the boy and october era, one of which was a manchester boy show i'm pretty sure you don't have the setlist for, but he doesn't remember of course. he did say he'd had friends who'd recorded some shows back in the day, so if i do get the job and end up there, i'll press him on that some time and see if i can get ahold of these bootleggers...maybe they're released, but maybe not!

Ooooh! :hyper: Wow, if anything came of that, that would be spectacularly awesome.

I once met this guy who saw a US Boy show we didn't have the encore for. He said he couldn't recall anything other than that it was four songs, starting with Bono on guitar (i.e. ADWM). I knew what was in the encore at that time, so I just asked questions to jog his memory and eventually we managed to piece together what the encore likely was.

the tourist said:

That's what my girlfriend said I should do, too. But I'm not tired at all.

Ahh, OK. Normally when I'm down of an evening, that's accompanied by feeling rather sleepy.

And I say listen to melancholic music. That sort of thing makes me feel better as I can relate to it. Happy music just reminds me that I'm not happy, so I feel worse.

Axver said:

Ooooh! :hyper: Wow, if anything came of that, that would be spectacularly awesome.

I once met this guy who saw a US Boy show we didn't have the encore for. He said he couldn't recall anything other than that it was four songs, starting with Bono on guitar (i.e. ADWM). I knew what was in the encore at that time, so I just asked questions to jog his memory and eventually we managed to piece together what the encore likely was.

yeah i'd die if i were the first person in the broader fan community to hear an unheard boot and release it to the world.

that's really cool about the boy guy.

i talked to this guy on a shaky international phone connection, and it was a job interview, so i wasn't about to interrogate him on the setlist (i did say "i think we don't know what was played then...do you remember what you saw?") and he might confuse it with october shows he saw...but next fall some time i could try to ask him "jogging" questions

KhanadaRhodes said:

I said melancholic, not emo!

i.e. pretty much every Porcupine Tree album ever made. That's not emo, is it? Not now that Barbieri's changed the way he looks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom