Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, IAN.

Though you're missing the Kunstmuseum apology thread, and mofo82's whinge thread. Not sure if we should count the latter, but I think the former should be included.

Now who the hell's going to put all that data together?

Also, I see I was actually the first to pass 300 in a thread, in TCATT.

I'm going to add the apology thread and the winge thread at the bottom as an asterisk. I just remembered to add My brother... from WTAHNN.

Axver said:

There is a story that at an early show, U2 came back at least six times after the first encore, doing I Will Follow each time, and by the end, the band and those left in the audience were falling over themselves laughing.

I unfortunately lack verification that this actually happened. I badly want it verified, as it would reduce the threat Pride poses to IWF in the total plays count!

:lmao: if it's true, and :lmao: at you and your plays count!

Varitek said:

:lmao: if it's true, and :lmao: at you and your plays count!

It just annoys me that Pride will likely pass IWF on the next tour as U2's most performed live song, because it won't actually be true. I know for a fact IWF will still be ahead of it, as its play count is artificially low due to missing early sets, but I'm not willing to just add it to every show lacking a set even if I think it's PLAUSIBLE that it was played.

KhanadaRhodes said:

he quoted the long ass post with all the stats!

Sounds like fun.

coolian2 said:
Pop Survivor Round One, EYKIW:

Total Posts: 1,128
User Posts
the tourist 236
Axver 212
coolian2 187
Varitek 118
COBL_04 68
No spoken words 44
LemonMelon 40
mysterious_jen 39
corianderstem 29
Alisaura 26
DreamOutLoud13 23
phillyfan26 18
KhanadaRhodes 13
Zootlesque 9
namkcuR 9
bonocomet 7
Lila64 4
unico 4
elevated_u2_fan 4
theFly51 4
waynetravis 3
edurban 3
u2trinity 2
phanan 2
GirlsAloudFan 2
U2Fan101 2
KBRY 1
Salome 1
pat132 1
BonoIsMyMuse 1
intedomine 1
SeattleVertigo 1
pepokiss 1
Vlaco 1
RavenBlue 1
Aardvark747 1
Mauwer 1
Rob33 1
An Cat Gav 1
djerdap 1
schnumi 1
gareth brown 1
U2democrat 1
fandangamoq 1
Rosebud 1
Moser 1

Aussie Chat Thread, Discotheque:

Total Posts: 1,028
User Posts
Varitek 257
the tourist 204
coolian2 169
Axver 164
Alisaura 85
mysterious_jen 82
phillyfan26 26
No spoken words 22
TranceEnding 9
COBL_04 4
LemonMelon 2
KhanadaRhodes 2
cinnaminson 1
Sicy 1

Which harmonica does Bono use, EBTTRT

Total Posts: 1,060
User Posts
Axver 245
the tourist 157
coolian2 150
Varitek 133
KhanadaRhodes 1- naaaahhh, I'm not that mean.

259 in sexy peak is my top showing, eeking out my 257 from much earlier.

i'd love to see it put into a spreadsheet and stats kept on overall totals, individual tops, etc. i've missed 2 threads, during the time when my computer was broken

Axver said:
It just annoys me that Pride will likely pass IWF on the next tour as U2's most performed live song, because it won't actually be true. I know for a fact IWF will still be ahead of it, as its play count is artificially low due to missing early sets, but I'm not willing to just add it to every show lacking a set even if I think it's PLAUSIBLE that it was played.
are these concerts where there is no recording available, or is it just no one's sat down and transcribed the setlist?

although the rule was more put in place because in fym, the op would post a news story, and then add a paragraph or something of their own commentary.

then someone would quote the whole bloody thing :crack:

KhanadaRhodes said:

are these concerts where there is no recording available, or is it just no one's sat down and transcribed the setlist?

Concerts where no recording is available. We have setlists for every single show from the start of Conspiracy Of Hope onwards. We have almost everything from the UF Tour, the vast majority of War, but then things get a little sketchy with October, and pre-Boy, we're lucky to have what we've got. Too many early sets are incomplete, sourced from newspaper reviews and such that only mention a few songs.

Getting snippets and other information, obviously, is a harder matter.

KhanadaRhodes said:
although the rule was more put in place because in fym, the op would post a news story, and then add a paragraph or something of their own commentary.

then someone would quote the whole bloody thing :crack:

Ick, yeah, that's always irritating.

Though it seems nothing could stop FYM becoming the dog's breakfast it is today. Just go to the front page and you see what I mean! The vast majority of threads are either over-eager far left hysteria from Harry Vest, even more over-eager far right hysteria from the iron horse, or Mrs Springsteen posting news articles with no thoughts of her own.

Axver said:
Concerts where no recording is available. We have setlists for every single show from the start of Conspiracy Of Hope onwards. We have almost everything from the UF Tour, the vast majority of War, but then things get a little sketchy with October, and pre-Boy, we're lucky to have what we've got. Too many early sets are incomplete, sourced from newspaper reviews and such that only mention a few songs.

:hmm: i see.

yeah i noticed there were some boy setlists missing when i was looking at the other concerts to get an idea of snippets, i saw several were missing.

coolian2 said:
63,479 posts not including mofo82 sook thread and this one.

Holy shit, we're not slackers, are we?

Got a date for that Pop Survivor? I'd like to work out how many posts on average we make per day.

I just had a 25 minute telephone conversation with my girlfriend. She thinks she's done something to make me sad. Or that I've done something worthy of being sad about. Neither, of course, is the case. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

Axver said:
Ick, yeah, that's always irritating.

Though it seems nothing could stop FYM becoming the dog's breakfast it is today. Just go to the front page and you see what I mean! The vast majority of threads are either over-eager far left hysteria from Harry Vest, even more over-eager far right hysteria from the iron horse, or Mrs Springsteen posting news articles with no thoughts of her own.
:lol: yeah, if i want to read an article with no commentary, i'd read the original source.

the tourist said:
I just had a 25 minute telephone conversation with my girlfriend. She thinks she's done something to make me sad. Or that I've done something worthy of being sad about. Neither, of course, is the case. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.
:hug:

Axver said:

so, the father of the family i'm just about to agree with for the au pair thing is a u2 fan, not a crazy like us, but was at some UK shows in the boy and october era, one of which was a manchester boy show i'm pretty sure you don't have the setlist for, but he doesn't remember of course. he did say he'd had friends who'd recorded some shows back in the day, so if i do get the job and end up there, i'll press him on that some time and see if i can get ahold of these bootleggers...maybe they're released, but maybe not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom