Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Through one of my U2VT connections, I've just learnt that Bono's appearing at a private benefit, a function at the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, called Save The Whalers. My contact has sighted the whole band, and it looks like things are set up for U2 to perform on a little stage! We might just be in for some stripped down, rockin' music.

My friend's called me and we've managed to set up a small audio feed as it looks like they're about to do something, but unfortunately, it can only sustain a small amount of people, so we've had to make it private. But we can post a live setlist and have a setlist party like the old days.

I can't wait to see what they play!

Last edited:
coolian2 said:
Axver said:
Through one of my U2VT connections, I've just learnt that Bono's appearing at a private benefit, a function at the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, called Save The Whalers. My contact has sighted the whole band, and it looks like things are set up for U2 to perform on a little stage! We might just be in for some stripped down, rockin' music.

My friend's called me and we've managed to set up a small audio feed as it looks like they're about to do something, but unfortunately, it can only sustain a small amount of people, so we've had to make it private. But we can post a live setlist and have a setlist party like the old days.

I can't wait to see what they play!

Fail.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, i totally agree.

i know! when i saw crowded house, it took forever for a setlist to be posted! and when i see dd, same thing. you always see the aged rabid fans rush the stage immediately after the concert to snap up the setlists, so why can't they post them online? :huh:

You just answered your own question. "Aged rabid fans" and "computer literacy" don't tend to go together. :wink:

At least PT sets are posted on forums pretty quickly. But there don't seem to be any central databases like U2VT.

Axver said:
You just answered your own question. "Aged rabid fans" and "computer literacy" don't tend to go together. :wink:

At least PT sets are posted on forums pretty quickly. But there don't seem to be any central databases like U2VT.
:lol: i know! at least when i saw tim finn and i snagged a setlist, i shared it online! it just amazes me...why get one if you're not gonna share? it's not like i wanna see it or hold it or anything, just type it up! you don't even have to scan it.

coolian2 said:

Looking back at that, I'm absolutely amazed ANYBODY fell for that.

A fucking flashing neon sign reading "THIS IS BULLSHIT!" is more subtle than that post.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i know! at least when i saw tim finn and i snagged a setlist, i shared it online! it just amazes me...why get one if you're not gonna share? it's not like i wanna see it or hold it or anything, just type it up! you don't even have to scan it.

Don't you just love overly possessive fans? Bootleg hoarders are my favourite. :happy:

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah dr. dré you were right, they did snippet send in the clowns in the electric co.

Setlist edited, thanks. :up:

I'm also curious about ADWM. It's currently listed as the last song of the main set, but my sneaking suspicion is that it's actually the first song of the encore.

Axver said:
Don't you just love overly possessive fans? Bootleg hoarders are my favourite. :happy:
YES.

"hi all, i have a bootleg for (highly sought after concert), but i'm just letting you know. i'm not sharing it or anything! i spent a lot of money recording it with this high tech stuff, and i need to recoup my losses (huh?? so how is NOT sharing it going to fix that?)"

Axver said:
Setlist edited, thanks. :up:

I'm also curious about ADWM. It's currently listed as the last song of the main set, but my sneaking suspicion is that it's actually the first song of the encore.
you're welcome :D

i'll let you know if i can tell if it's in the encore.

uhhh....i think bono forgot the words to the first bit of the first verse of boy/girl :lmao:

coolian2 said:
I'm getting pwned again
how so? because you didn't post enough in the postwhore threads?

because your 15 year old's girlfriend's dildo is bigger than your hoo-ha?

or because she keeps calling you daddy on accident?

or because you ask her to?

KhanadaRhodes said:

YES.

"hi all, i have a bootleg for (highly sought after concert), but i'm just letting you know. i'm not sharing it or anything! i spent a lot of money recording it with this high tech stuff, and i need to recoup my losses (huh?? so how is NOT sharing it going to fix that?)"

Even better: "Hi guys, I have a huge ego and think I'm an amazing bootlegger, so if you make a donation, I'll come and bootleg a gig for you!!"

Axver said:
Even better: "Hi guys, I have a huge ego and think I'm an amazing bootlegger, so if you make a donation, I'll come and bootleg a gig for you!!"
lol yeah, wow. see an extra show or two of my own, or pay for someone else's room, travel expenses, and ticket (wtf am i their mommy)?

hmm...

KhanadaRhodes said:

how so? because you didn't post enough in the postwhore threads?

because your 15 year old's girlfriend's dildo is bigger than your hoo-ha?

or because she keeps calling you daddy on accident?

or because you ask her to?

I'd say this post largely sums up my pwnage of the evening.

KhanadaRhodes said:

you're welcome :D

i'll let you know if i can tell if it's in the encore.

uhhh....i think bono forgot the words to the first bit of the first verse of boy/girl :lmao:

Cool, thanks. Hopefully the audience noise or an obvious edit to remove audience noise will give away ADWM's status.

Bono's poor memory for lyrics has a long heritage. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol yeah, wow. see an extra show or two of my own, or pay for someone else's room, travel expenses, and ticket (wtf am i their mommy)?

hmm...

BUT WHY DO YOU EXPECT BOOTLEGS IF YOU WON'T HELP THE POOR WITTLE BOOTWEGGERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom