Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
god i hate when people don't tag boots correctly :mad:

i know! some u2 start boots dont' have track numbers, some even don't have song names, and i HATE when there's 2 zips so i dl both and then the 1st has all the boot and the 2nd has the totally redundant 2nd half.

Axver said:

I get the impression this list is rather long. Which is surprising, since you seem pretty widely listened already.

Yeah. He has about 1300 cds. And I'm really not too widely listened.

the tourist said:

This is worse:

51118015352134.jpg

i've peed in toilets just about that nasty

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: actually, you're getting my spring confused with your spring :wink: this is the atlanta gig i missed out on:

:laugh: Actually I wasn't! I wasn't even thinking of that, the "spring" bit didn't register. Since I'd been bashing the third leg, I thought you were talking about that, so I didn't even think you were referring to the first leg show.

The first leg gig has a passable set. Gone! :drool:

Varitek said:
i know! some u2 start boots dont' have track numbers, some even don't have song names, and i HATE when there's 2 zips so i dl both and then the 1st has all the boot and the 2nd has the totally redundant 2nd half.
:yes:

i also have a u2 torrents account, but my isp has blocked torrents, so i have to download from u2 start.

Axver said:
I'm so glad I'm not eating lunch right now, Andrew.

:lol:

Oh, and I neglected to mention the list of cds this man wants me to listen to is 200 long.

Axver said:
:laugh: Actually I wasn't! I wasn't even thinking of that, the "spring" bit didn't register. Since I'd been bashing the third leg, I thought you were talking about that, so I didn't even think you were referring to the first leg show.

The first leg gig has a passable set. Gone! :drool:
yeah, that setlist is okay. but it's not like i missed much.

by the way, i totally cracked up cuz i found another memphis gig of theirs on u2 start from the october tour :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes:

i also have a u2 torrents account, but my isp has blocked torrents, so i have to download from u2 start.

i used to use that but i just find u2start easier to navigate, and it lets me keep track!

KhanadaRhodes said:
by the way, i totally cracked up cuz i found another memphis gig of theirs on u2 start from the october tour :lol:

:lol: From when they were supporting the J. Geils Band? I don't think I've heard that show. No snippets listed on U2VT, though I expect the only one would be Send In The Clowns in TEC.

Axver said:
:lol: From when they were supporting the J. Geils Band? I don't think I've heard that show. No snippets listed on U2VT, though I expect the only one would be Send In The Clowns in TEC.
ummm.....sure :)

the date is may 9, 1981. they played at a place called poets, which i've never heard of before. must be long gone/renamed to something else. if i had to venture a guess, it was probably either somewhere on beale street or somewhere in midtown. of course with a name like poets it's impossible to try to google.

KhanadaRhodes said:

ummm.....sure :)

the date is may 9, 1981. they played at a place called poets, which i've never heard of before. must be long gone/renamed to something else. if i had to venture a guess, it was probably either somewhere on beale street or somewhere in midtown. of course with a name like poets it's impossible to try to google.

That's not the October Tour then. That's the Boy Tour. The Memphis October Tour show was 12 March 1982 at the North Hall Auditorium; after the show, the band went and got drunk at Miller's Cave for Adam's birthday and played Southern Man and Out Of Control.

Though my comment still stands, as I haven't heard the Memphis Boy Tour gig either, and looking at it, TEC's probably the only song with a snippet. Though 11OTT and Boy/Girl are both also in the set; they sometimes turned up stuff. The Boy Tour show has the better setlist, but U2 were headlining that time so it's no surprise really.

the tourist said:

Actually, no. I'm hiding it well, and I don't know why I am, but I'm very depressed today.

You need a good old :heterosexualmanhug: - not that you were around for the European Vertigo concert setlist parties to remember the days when those were popular.

Axver said:

You need a good old :heterosexualmanhug: - not that you were around for the European Vertigo concert setlist parties to remember the days when those were popular.

Nope. I disappeared right around May of '05.

the tourist said:

Nope. I disappeared right around May of '05.

During the European leg, we combated male stereotypes with the heterosexual man hug.

Those were the best setlist parties, they really were. I miss U2Man, zwervers, et al.

Axver said:

During the European leg, we combated male stereotypes with the heterosexual man hug.

Those were the best setlist parties, they really were. I miss U2Man, zwervers, et al.

At that rate, I'll be gone again by about May of '09. :ohmy: Then for two years I'll be sucked in the abyss. Then I can come back and get myself within 1/4th of your postings again. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom