Tintin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I have no idea how popular Tintin is in North America (but I hear he's fairly big in Europe). It's these series of comic books by the Belgian author Herge which depicts the adventures of the 'reporter' Tintin (we never actually see him at press work) and his dog Snowy, as well as his friends Captain Haddock and Professor Calculus.

Uh, yeah, that's it, I guess.

Damn those Inspector Twins always foiling my schemes. Thompson and Thompson, you'll pay for this...

And as for snowy :mad:

Remember the one where Tintin pretended he was a shaman to foil his executioners... it just so happened that an eclipse conveniently fell on the date of his tribulation... haha, the scoundrel has more tricks than Batman.

:down: cujo :down:

ahh yes, weren't there cartoons as well? i think hbo or something showed them, they were on around the same time as babar iirc.

of course, when i hear tintin, the first thing i think of is the thompson twins. :eek:

I bet he gets all the ladies with that hair.

That's one cat who doesn't have to worry about thinning out on top.

:sexywink:

Although, he uses an incredible amount of hair gel. What's up with that?

:heart: le tintin :heart:

we always had to read tintin to get colloquialisms down.

except they were belgian and from the 40s.....

it's like teaching carney 1920s english to foreigners and expecting them to fit in.

:down: consarnit :down:

I used to get all of the comic books from the library. I thought the professor was the coolest, wandering around with that pendulum gadget of his. It used to be on tv here, but I don't think it's on anymore, and if it is, it's in French, which I only about half understand. ...I had no idea Tintin was so old though...

I read almost all of the books (the translations anyway) way back when I was just a wee lad. Asterix too.

Back
Top Bottom