Tin Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really excited for this. Was that Richard Dreyfus? Where the hell has he been since Mr. Holland's Opus?

Wow. That looks absolutely terrible.

I'm am SO there though, just for my girl.

It can't possibly be as bad as that trailer, right?

I know Dreyfuss & Cumming wouldn't think twice about appearing in crap, but I'm going to give Z-Girl the benefit of the doubt.

Lance, did I ever mention that she hangs out at the bar across the street from my house?

zooey032107.jpg
scruffycompava.jpg

I'll tell her you said hi.

:bump:

Okay, so who's going to watch this tomorrow?

I think it looks good. Maybe a little campy, but not too over the top. I'm hoping it's a bit dark and twisted, and not totally crap.

Regardless, I was sold at Alan Cumming :heart:

Well the Judy Garland movie bears little resemblance to the source material itself.

The 80's adaptation of Return to Oz is much darker, and closer in tone to the books

I watched the first half hour and thought they did a good job setting the atmosphere. Nice to see 90210's Claire (Kathleen Robertson) still working, though her henchmen were kind of lame.

Zooey is always a joy to watch, of course. Alan Cumming seems to have dialed it down a bit, which was very welcome. The scene where he meets D.G. reminded me a bit too much of the Ewok scenes from Return of the Jedi, which was not a good thing.

Will be back after I've seen more.

Alright, I just finished part 2, and it's not THAT bad. It definitely has gotten better as it's played out.

If I never saw part 3 I probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I am curious to see what happens next.

Kathleen Robertson is still pretty hot, and it's been over 10 years since 90210. I think she's doing a great job as the villain here. I'm a little less impressed with Zooey, it pains me to say. I think she may have been a little miscast, and her delivery is often blase in relation to what's going on around here.

Also, can anyone illuminate me as to why this is called "Tin Man"? He's not really the main character. Is that because they thought it would sound cool? I mean, "D.G. in the O.Z." wouldn't have been good, but it would have fit the material better. Maybe "Outer Zone" would have been good, although that sounds too close to a hybrid of The Outer Limits and Twilight Zone...

Back
Top Bottom