Time arsing Kylie retired.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Warning:
animal-smiley-030.gif

Dear Ms Minogue,

COME IN NUMBER 51 - YOUR TIME IS UP.

First off: yes, you have a very nice arse. Judging by the unavoidable recent clips of your Showgirl tour that have been scattered through the TV/papers/mags radio, I must also admit that you do put on a good live show. You are indeed, as you once said youself,a "show pony". Hurrah, well done, good for you. Next?

You were wonderful in 1987 when we were all too young to know any better. I recently had the misfortune of hearing your version of The Locomotion from 1988. You have at least learned to hold a note since then. You're not all bad.

We loved you in Neighbours, even though it was shite - Charlene was a cool character. You were one of my icons, and I remember sitting in the playground during lunch break, writing letters to you with my friends. We didn't believe you lived in Australia, and so rang up every Minogue listed in the London phone books (total of 27) to try and speak to you, much to the exasperation of our parents. :ohmy: Well, as I say, I was only 9, so it was allowed.:shrug:

Then you became a mini-Madonna for a year while getting up to allsorts with Michael Hutchence. Fortunately for me, I missed all this nonsense as I had moved to the States in 1990. I remember the horror of seeing you on a late night entertainment show over there. When I left the UK, 9 months prior to this, you were all cute curls, with no visible bust, wearing daft hats and puffball dresses. I kept telling my mum it was you, and because you looked so different, she wouldn't believe it was you until she saw the credits roll.

Then... a brief disco period. Wasn't it 'Indie Kylie' in 1993 for a while after that? Then, oblivion. 'Arty' Kylie duetting with Nick Cave, 1996, reading the words to I Should Be So Lucky at a poetry reading in an 'ironic' gesture. :eyebrow: Yawn. Then, guess what? Ah yes, our old pal Oblivion! After that, thankfully, you buggered off for a bit and gave our poorbleeding ears a rest. Yay! Another cutsie pie has-been bites the dust.

Until 2000ish. *Jaws music* Just when we thought it was safe to listen to the radio again: AAARGH! You're back! As a hotpants-wearing disco queen, with an incredibly plasticy complexion. After 16 years of trying, you finally manage to break the US with that ridiculous 'na na na na na ne na na' song. Now don't you try and blame Cathy Dennis just because she wrote it. You made it into an atrocity. A catchy atrocity, but nonetheless, bloody awful!

Now listen here, wombatfeatures. You look fantastic in gold lame shorts and who can deny that you have aged very well, and probably would have done so even without the (alleged) plastic surgery? That is no mean feat, considering you have the face of a horse. Still, some things are better left in 1988 where they belong. I'm afraid, my dear, that you are one of them.

Good luck headlining Glastonbury. You'll need it! It makes me glad that I left Somerset after my A-levels.

Please go away for the sake of our poor childrens ears.

Kind regards,
animal-smiley-030.gif

Last edited:
Having said all that - if the following article is true, then the woman deserves much respect for being down to earth. :rockon: Could still do without the tuneless yowling, though.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/40462004.htm
KYLIE KEEN TO 'ROUGH IT' AT GLASTONBURY

Pop star KYLIE MINOGUE has refused a helicopter ride to Britain's GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL, so she can rough it with her fans.

The Australian singer has been booked to headline the seminal summer event in June (05) and can't wait to soak up the atmosphere among the 112,000-strong crowd.

While I'm feeling generous, I grudgingly admit that I really like On A Night Like This. :reject:

Last edited:
BTW, the only song of any merit she did, was Confide In Me. It even beat pussy Cave, though that song was rather passable. Kylie aside, Confide IS a great tune.

:up:

Kylie Minogue should be on the first flight to the sun.

Absolutely cannot stand her.

"I was like, 'No', I've never been before and I'd love to experience it. I'll be nervous, but it feels like the right moment for me, I'm so chuffed they asked."

"So chuffed they asked".!!!!! I'm sorry but out of the 20+Million Aussies living in this country, not one... I repeat, not one, would say "chuffed" ("Stuffed" as in something is broken, ie "My ipod's stuffed" but not "chuffed".) And for Gawd sake girl, what is it with the accent????

If Cher can last until 58, then expect Kylie to stick around.

Melon

yertle-the-turtle said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who disagrees

You're free to disagreee as much as you like. You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. It's just that yours is wrong. :wink:

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Last edited:
Tania said:
"I was like, 'No', I've never been before and I'd love to experience it. I'll be nervous, but it feels like the right moment for me, I'm so chuffed they asked."

"So chuffed they asked".!!!!! I'm sorry but out of the 20+Million Aussies living in this country, not one... I repeat, not one, would say "chuffed" ("Stuffed" as in something is broken, ie "My ipod's stuffed" but not "chuffed".) And for Gawd sake girl, what is it with the accent????

:lmao: Tania!!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to side with Ms Genetically Modified Horse 1988 on this one. It saddens me, but that's life.

The annoying bint has lived in the UK for about 12 years now, so she's bound to have picked up phrases here and there. As for the accent, well, I do agree with you, but as I have moved around a lot, I've picked up traces of local accents here and there, even as an adult.

Doesn't make her screeching any more tolerable though. Also, I know she can't help this, but WHY does she still have pre-pubescent boobs at the age of 36?

The one who REALLY gets on my nerves with her ridiculous fake accent is Madonna. I know a lot of people find it endearing that she wants to sound like she comes from our crappy little island in the middle of nowhere. I don't. :madspit: Why spend 20+ years building a strong identity for yourself and then desperately try to be from somewhere else?! Great tunes though, in general.

Last edited:
can't say i was complaining when she brought out that vid when she had the hotpants on :wink:

however, the less said about her music the better....

I like quite a few Kylie songs. And I like the few I've heard by her sister, too. 'Slow' is a fantastic dance song.

HeartlandGirl said:
I like quite a few Kylie songs. And I like the few I've heard by her sister, too. 'Slow' is a fantastic dance song.

So did I, when I was 9/10/11... I don't mean that to sound as though I'm being rude to you, because I'm not - I'm just stating a fact. I loved K when I was a kid, my sister and I thought she was the dogs bollocks (not literally) and knew all the words to all the songs.

Slow is quite atmospheric, and I still like On A Night Like This. Some wag reviewed the latter, and offered the opinion that "Kylie sings this song of yearning with all the passion of reading out a grocery shopping list". It did make me laugh, but it was pretty unkind of them really.

beau2ifulday said:
I have no greivance with her. She's one of the better pop stars out there :shrug:
:lol: That's really not saying much! I do think she's a good entertainer, live, though, as I said earlier - she does seem to put her heart into all her shows, which cannot truthfully be said about the majority of today's poptarts . IMO, obviously.

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:

:lol: That's really not saying much!

Indeed, but then I don't really have a high opinion of what the pop market is offering at the moment ;)

I miss the Spice Girls :/

beau2ifulday said:

Indeed, but then I don't really have a high opinion of what the pop market is offering at the moment ;)

I miss the Spice Girls :/

:ohmy: If it came to a choice between choosing between Kyles, the Spices, or being shot... I'd go for the third option. It's a 'cake or death' thing!

Nah. I'd definitely choose The Great Horsefaced One over that lot. She has some talent at least.
:)

sallycinnamon78 said:
So did I, when I was 9/10/11... I don't mean that to sound as though I'm being rude to you, because I'm not - I'm just stating a fact. I loved K when I was a kid, my sister and I thought she was the dogs bollocks (not literally) and knew all the words to all the songs.

Slow is quite atmospheric, and I still like On A Night Like This.

I do think she's a good entertainer, live, though, as I said earlier - she does seem to put her heart into all her shows, which cannot truthfully be said about the majority of today's poptarts . IMO, obviously.

Well, I'm 28 and pretty comfortable with my taste in music. No offense taken.

So you still like at least one of her songs, think she's a good live entertainer, and admit she has some talent. What's the problem then? She's probably not the best singer out there, but I just don't see the need to call for her retirement. :shrug:

HeartlandGirl said:

Well, I'm 28 and pretty comfortable with my taste in music. No offense taken.

Glad to hear it! To each her/his/its own. :yes: It would be boring if we were all alike.
So you still like at least one of her songs, think she's a good live entertainer, and admit she has some talent. What's the problem then? She's probably not the best singer out there, but I just don't see the need to call for her retirement. :shrug:

:) Good point! It's not a problem. It's just that having been stuck with her for 18 years on and off, I'm fairly fed up of hearing about her - in the UK she's been around since 1987. I find her somewhat irritating. Maybe I'm prematurely becoming a Grumpy Old Sod.

My mum told me off too, for complaining about her, lol!!! :lmao:

Look, I know she's irritating, her voice sounds like 14 rats on helium and she's 2 foot 3, BUT if she retired, what would Australia have left in the poptart's arena:

DELTA FUCKING GOODREM, that's who! :mad:

Gimme Kylie over Goody 2 shoes (even if she's become a homewrecker these days!) anyday!
:madspit:

Kylie's great and better than most.

Not many women can actually get sexier with age.

Her songs aren't that bad. They are shallow, yet they never [retend to be anything other than pure pop.

Better the Devil You KNow
Some Kind of Bliss
On a Night Like This
Red Blooded Woman
Love at first sight

All are thoroughly enjoyable...

Back
Top Bottom