Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What stuff on his hands? He didn't have any stuff on his hands. He didn't go thoroughly wash his hands between innings. :wink:

I wonder how quickly it took someone to notify the dugout that Fox had zoomed in on his hand and that he had to fold 'em. (Sorry, that was lame)

Last edited:
randhail said:
Could Mr. Weaver be reverting back to his old form??

No, the Cards just forgot to smuggle Jered Weaver into Jeff's uniform tonight.

what a cheater :|

Pinetar2.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
kenny rogers vs. jeff weaver in the world series and both teams are confident in their pitchers...

un-fucking-believable. the apocalypse is upon us.

Oh, so true!!! Spare me from players who can't handle playing in New York City, and are successful elsewhere.

No matter how well they do in Podunk, they are still losers in my book. L-O-O-S-E-R-S!!!!

And that's my two cents!!!

Eh, Rogers pitches the first inning with gunk on his hand and shuts the Cardinals down. He pitches the next six innings after washing it off and shuts the Cardinals down.

For all I know, that brown stuff might just be dirt. Or maybe they ran out of toilet paper in the bathroom.

Rule 8.02 The pitcher shall not --
(b) Have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. For such infraction of this section (b) the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game. In addition, the pitcher shall be suspended automatically for 10 games.

did the pine tar on his hand matter? no, not with the Cardinals atrocious at bats. but was it against the rules? yes. and someone that breaks the rules should face the penalties or else there will be anarchy.

U2 snippet on Fox's World Series postgame coverage!

I was just amazed to hear a tiny snippet of the chorus from Electrical Storm during a little post-game montage of Kenny Roger's brilliant pitching performance tonight in WS Game 2. It was just the electronic-y part, and a little of the back-to-earth Bono oohing, but I wonder if FOX has or will use this again for those 'electric stuff' pitcher highlights! :hyper:
It sounded fantabulous!
Go Tigers!
:hyper:

ESPN showed pictures from the previous playoff games and he had it then too

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so he accidentally had dirt on his hand for all games in the playoffs?

Diane L said:

No matter how well they do in Podunk, they are still losers in my book. L-O-O-S-E-R-S!!!!

Definition of a L-O-O-S-E-R: one who thinks that everything outside of NYC is "Podunk"

Lamest attitude you could EVER have! :down:

Remember....these teams from "podunk" have, what, 1/3 of the payroll of the Yankees? And they are able to win more than one playoff game!

Last edited:
Diane L said:

Oh, so true!!! Spare me from players who can't handle playing in New York City, and are successful elsewhere.

Kenny Rogers
Jeff Weaver
Esteban Loaiza
Jose Contreras
Javy Vazquez
Denny Neagle
Alex Rodriguez (when he leads the Cubs to the World Series next year)

Compiling this list made me chuckle a little.

Chizip said:
ESPN showed pictures from the previous playoff games and he had it then too

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so he accidentally had dirt on his hand for all games in the playoffs?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2635538

He might intentionally have had dirt + rosin on his hand throughout the playoffs. Whatever is on his hand is brown and granular. I think pine tar is usually blacker and smoother; at least that's what I remember from looking at Trot Nixon's helmet.

If he has nothing to hide, why is he lying with his postgame comments? There are contradictions all over the place.

I'd be pissed if I was a Yankees or A's fan.

Chizip said:
If he has nothing to hide, why is he lying with his postgame comments? There are contradictions all over the place.

I'd be pissed if I was a Yankees or A's fan.

The umpires completely exonerated him in their postgame comments, so you're better off furnishing a theory of an umpiring conspiracy.

Last edited:
Yeah because they totally fucked up the situation by just telling him to wash it off. If they admitted it was pine tar and they didn't throw him out of the game as the rules say, they'd look like fools.

There's is no question he had a foreign substance on his hand, not only in this game, but in every game in the playoffs, in the exact same spot. Sure, he probably didn't need it to dominate the Cardinals tonight, but if a guy goes 0-4 but in his last AB his bat shatters and cork flies out, he needs to suffer the consequences even if the cheating didn't help.

Last edited:
Diane L said:

my point wasn't what they did in new york city... they've been awful everywhere in the post-season, esp. kenny rogers...

weaver was at least good with detroit once upon a time... but he sucked with the yankees, the dodgers, the angels, and even with the cardinals up until the post-season.

Last edited:
... and as for kenny rogers - i absolutely believe he's cheating, perhaps in more ways than one.

first, that's pine tar... it's not dirt and rosin, anyone who believes that, um, yea... not even worth the time. the same clump of dirt in the same spot on his hands in three straight lights out performances... not only that, it's in the perfect spot... clump your hand into a fist to blow on it as if you were a pitcher on the mound... where do your fingers end up? right where the "clump of dirt" was located.

rosin and dirt... right. how come no other pitchers have been effected by this same rosin and dirt issue? is kenny rogers the only pitcher in baseball who is adversely effected by the combination of rosin and dirt? perhaps it's some wood roasted chicken skin stuck to his hand?

not for nothing, i also wouldn't be shocked if the guy's jacked up on amphedamines or something else... he's never been this animated on the mound, this jumpy, this tempermental... not to mention the fact that his fast ball is a good 5+ MPH faster than it's ever been in his entire career.

all that said... it's baseball genius tony laruda's fault. all he has to do is put in a request for the umpire to check his hand once he found out. he gave the umpire the chance to wash it off.

as for how he pitched the rest of the game... who knows. perhaps it was on his belt as well, on his glove, somewhere else, or perhaps the cardinals just shit the bed. who knows... but that stuff on his hand was pine tar.. there's no question about that.

Last edited:
the best was on mike and mike in the morning they were talking about how kenny rogers went on his own to wash it off and that the umpire never mentioned it once to him. trapped in a lie.

best part of the game last night was when Yadier i hate you Molina got hit in the sack w/ the ball and was doubled over in pain. good for you.:madspit:

On a very sad note:

Nelson De La Rosa, the world's shortest actor whose friendship with now-Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez made him a Red Sox good luck charm during their 2004 World Series run, died yesterday of unknown causes.
He was 38.

The 2-foot-4 de la Rosa fell ill after arriving in Miami on a flight from Chile, where he'd been working in a circus, but forged on to New York on Saturday then on to Providence, R.I., to visit two of his brothers.

When his condition worsened, he was hospitalized.

De la Rosa befriended Martinez and quickly became a familiar face in the Red Sox clubhouse.

Martinez often sat his Dominican countryman on his shoulders or held him aloft for photographers.

"Oh, geez, this is awful news," said Daniel Mann, 42, an actor and entertainer known as Danoe the Clown, who worked with de la Rosa at events in Providence last summer.

"He was a wonderful guy, playful, kind and a real practical joker," Mann told the Daily News. "He'd go up to a big brute of a guy, give him a little punch in the leg and say 'Hey, you - MOVE! He did it with a smile on his face and everybody had to laugh."

"He was especially wonderful with kids," said Mann. "The guy was about as tall as a 2-year-old and I guess children related to him. They loved to take their pictures with him."

Born and raised in a small village near San Miguel, de la Rosa early in life developed a charismatic personality that drew the attention of moviemakers who starred him in the 1988 Italian horror flick, "The Ratman."

Billed as the world's smallest actor, he later became a regular guest on Venezuela's "Sabado Sensacional" TV show, making him a popular figure in Puerto Rico, Mexico and Spain.

In 1996, he shared lines with Marlon Brando in the Hollywood film, "The Island of Dr. Moreau."

The role is said to be the inspiration for the Austin Powers movie character, "Mini-Me."

De la Rosa's body will be sent back to the Dominican Republic after an autopsy and might be put on display in a museum, his agent said.

The actor is survived by his wife, a 9-year-old son, his mother and five siblings.

StlElevation said:
the best was on mike and mike in the morning they were talking about how kenny rogers went on his own to wash it off and that the umpire never mentioned it once to him. trapped in a lie.

yea i caught on to that one as well... rogers says he noticed it himself and the umpire didn't say a word to him, but even jim leyland said the umpires told rogers to wash it off.

why deny if there's nothing to deny?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

all that said... it's baseball genius tony laruda's fault. all he has to do is put in a request for the umpire to check his hand once he found out. he gave the umpire the chance to wash it off.

Bingo. If Rogers was cheating, LaRussa should have done something about it. I blame LaRussa more than anyone.

Back
Top Bottom