Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:
I thought Pujols made a very bush league play the other night. Cliff Floyd who is SEVERLY hobbled w/ multiple leg injuries, grounded out to first base, Poo Holes caught it and the pitcher was standing on/near the first base bag, and he declined to throw it over to the pitcher and instead took his time to get to the bag just so Cliff would try to run as fast as he could to first base and make him run hard the whole way.

To you Mr Poo Holes, I say :down:

In the middle of a play as a first basemen I would never think that is the thought. I disagree completely as did some others that Pujoles ran it over "just so Cliff would try to run as fast as he could." I think that's deliberately looking to find something to get pissed off about for the other team.

WildHoneyAlways said:

What difference would that make? Is there some fan law that says you have to love every guy on the team you root for? :huh:

no, but when someone is on your team you see things in a different light

like from a Cardinals fan perspective, Jose Reyes looked like a fool and was showing up the Cardinals with all of his lame celebration dances

but if I were a Mets fan I'd probably think, hey he is just showing enthusiasm and enjoying the postseason experience

so fans will see what they want to see, depending what side youre on

WildHoneyAlways said:

What difference would that make? Is there some fan law that says you have to love every guy on the team you root for? :huh:

Just wondering if the criticism would be the same if Pujols (probably the best baseball player at the moment) was on your favorite team. :hmm:

WildHoneyAlways said:
In my world, I'd like to think I have the ability to call a douchebag a douchebag. :wink:

I'm nobody's ass-clown. :p

well you like that douchebag catcher of yours, but i bet if he played for the cubs, or twins, or tigers or whatever you wouldnt be so fond of him :wink:

Chizip said:

no, but when someone is on your team you see things in a different light

like from a Cardinals fan perspective, Jose Reyes looked like a fool and was showing up the Cardinals with all of his lame celebration dances

but if I were a Mets fan I'd probably think, hey he is just showing enthusiasm and enjoying the postseason experience

so fans will see what they want to see, depending what side youre on

Yeah, like how I think Donovan McNabb's moonwalk was entertaining.

:shifty:

Chizip said:

well you like that douchebag catcher of yours, but i bet if he played for the cubs, or twins, or tigers or whatever you wouldnt be so fond of him :wink:

Hey! He did play for the twin. I always shook an angry fist at him when he did b/c he killed the Sock. :mad: Oh, and AJ is a total douche when he flips his bat towards the visitors dugout after hitting a homer.

ajwalkoff.jpg

You know who I've always though was a douchebag? Frank Thomas. Yeah, yeah, best hitter in Sock history. . . Still a major douche. Everyone knows it too.

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:

You know who I've always though was a douchebag? Frank Thomas. Yeah, yeah, best hitter in Sock history. . . Still a major douche. Everyone knows it too.

See, I always liked Big Frank. Here's my theory, if you are going to be a fuck face, be a fuck face all the time. Don't try to make people think you are a good guy. I never saw Frank Thomas try to do that - he was an ass 100% of the time.

I can respect that.

What insane person goes to a concert when their team is in the World Series?

I guess that's what happens when your team is successful ... I'll never know that feeling... :sad:

Hey Fighting Gravity was just the opening act, the main act was Better than Ezra and I left after Fighting Gravity to watch the game :lol:

I was looking forward to Fighting Gravity more anyway (they're a popular band here in Virginia).

phanan said:
I don't care how poorly Pujols has been so far in the playoffs - you don't pitch to him in that situation.

The thing is, he hasn't really been as cold as everyone says. Sure, he's been hurting, but the main reason he got so few RBIs in the Mets series was because nobody would pitch to him with men on base, so he only got a handful of real RBI chances.

Last edited:
True, but when he had the opportunity, he wasn't producing in the ALCS, and perhaps Leyland was thinking back to that when he decided to pitch to him.

Either way, it was the wrong move...

Back
Top Bottom