Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sux Headache....I know how you feel, your Mets knocked out my Dodgers.

Hey but look at it this way, another pitcher here and there and the Mets are easily the favorite again next year...I know that doesn't soften the blow, but there's always next year.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
capt.0d0d0a0408d446969f3c5ee4bd5393c7.nlcs_cardinals_mets_baseball_nys229.jpg

the atmosphere after that catch was simply amazing... if someone told me that an earthquake had struck, i'd have believed it... that's how much the stadium was literally shaking up and down. i've never experienced anything like that...

yes that was quite intense and ridiculous.

i think i heard "Elevation" at some point during the braodcast as well.

Um, Fields of Gold by Sting for the intro? That song is supposed to get me pumped up?:rant:

I can't root for the national league. To be honest I just don't like the way they act, The Pujols and Edmonds whinning and complaining, them doing the Jose Jose Jose chant after they won. The mocking of the mets dance after the homer....

I will root for detroit, but its hard for me to get into the series with both those teams there......but I will watch i suppose:wink:

Maybe us Mets fans can turn this into a HotStove Report thread while the world series is still going on?:wink:

Carlos Lee :drool:
Barry Zito :drool:
Jason Schmidt:drool:

if the series goes back to a game 6, i will watch.

if i watch more than a few seconds of games 1 to 5, it'll be by accident.

as for the cardinals... i used to really like albert pujols. buge emphasis on the used to. never has a guy done so much to turn my opinion of a guy (while really doing so little, by his standards). who knew that the guy's a douchebag. i certainly did not.

as the sports guy put it...

5:22 -- With two outs in the first, Albert Pujols comes up to a round of boos. Win or lose, he has been the breakout star of this playoffs as everyone collectively realized that he's kind of a jerk. Barry Bonds, move on over! There's a new sheriff in Jerk Town!

on a side note, i hope i never have to quote the "sports guy" ever again.

Last edited:
i know they will be, but i hope they reconsider.

put every resource into improving the pitching staff and the bench. if you need to replace floyd, go with a cheeper option... sheffield perhaps... as opposed to the 12+ million per it'll cost to get soriano... who will probably want to switch back to second base, anyways.

I just remembered I saw the Cardinals play the Tigers in July 2001.

The Tigers won 12-7, but McGwire hit a homer and Edmonds hit two in that game...if I remember correctly.

I'm still shocked the Cards made it this far...:rockon:

Numb1075 said:
i think i heard "Elevation" at some point during the braodcast as well.

Um, Fields of Gold by Sting for the intro? That song is supposed to get me pumped up?:rant:

'Elevation" was while they were replaying the Chavez catch, naturally.

Fox's in-game music is weird. Sometimes they pull out really great/obscure songs, and sometimes they pull out complete trash.

The Tigers and the Cards will face off in the World Series for the first time since 1968. Detroit bested St Louis, 4 games to 3 in the '68 Series. In case you didn't know. Lol! Gotta represent the AL! Go Tigers! If Detroit wins the Series, expect Detroit fans to riot because ain't that the way every fan should celebrate? Not!

I like how the media calls Pujols surly and a jerk, yet fails to report on how his uncle, who was like his father and had introduced him to baseball, had died a couple days before. Hmm that might have been a factor in him not being in the best mood and being "surly." But let's just ignore all of the charity work he's done, the foundation he has set up, and his track record of classy comments and crediting other players. But no, let's focus on 1 comment made after a frustrating loss and after his father figure had died.

But yes, now he is a bigger jerk than Bonds.

I thought Pujols made a very bush league play the other night. Cliff Floyd who is SEVERLY hobbled w/ multiple leg injuries, grounded out to first base, Poo Holes caught it and the pitcher was standing on/near the first base bag, and he declined to throw it over to the pitcher and instead took his time to get to the bag just so Cliff would try to run as fast as he could to first base and make him run hard the whole way.

To you Mr Poo Holes, I say :down:

ok, when you know somebody can't run at full speed, why on earth would you ever risk making a throw? so many errors are made on a throw to where a pitcher covers the bag, why on earth risk making that throw? it was a smart baseball play.

Numb1075 said:
I thought Pujols made a very bush league play the other night. Cliff Floyd who is SEVERLY hobbled w/ multiple leg injuries, grounded out to first base, Poo Holes caught it and the pitcher was standing on/near the first base bag, and he declined to throw it over to the pitcher and instead took his time to get to the bag just so Cliff would try to run as fast as he could to first base and make him run hard the whole way.

To you Mr Poo Holes, I say :down:

ive seen other people make this comment, and its the most ridiculous thing ever. pujols alllllllllways runs the ball to first if he can. why risk throwing it to the pitcher where an error could happen if you know you can just run it yourself? he knew since Floyd couldnt run fast that he could take it to first himself without risking the throw. to blame him for that is pretty lame and petty.

I doubt that [trying to injure Floyd] was Pujols's intention. And even if it was, Floyd knows he can't win there, so it's perfectly fine for him to not run full speed to first there.

Last edited:
i could care less about the floyd play... the thought that he was trying to make floyd run never even entered my mind until i heard it on the radio the next day, and i highly doubt that's what he was trying to do.

but he was very surly with reporters, gave that asanine comment about glavine, made more dumb comments about his getting picked off first, the phantom hamstring injury after 5 games of not performing, he kicked a chair at a reporter...

:shrug: maybe he was just having a reeeeeal bad two weeks. or maybe he's a midwest type of player who can't handle the intensity of the new york media... then again, it was a st. louis beat writer who compared pujols' demanor to that of bonds, not a new york guy.

who knows... whatever the reasoning, he really turned me off this series... and no, it's not just because the mets lost.

the mets & cardinals open up with each other next season... i would expect pujols to get dusted at some point in the series.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i could care less about the floyd play... the thought that he was trying to make floyd run never even entered my mind until i heard it on the radio the next day, and i highly doubt that's what he was trying to do.

but he was very surly with reporters, gave that asanine comment about glavine, made more dumb comments about his getting picked off first, the phantom hamstring injury after 5 games of not performing, he kicked a chair at a reporter...

:shrug: maybe he was just having a reeeeeal bad two weeks. or maybe he's a midwest type of player who can't handle the intensity of the new york media... then again, it was a st. louis beat writer who compared pujols' demanor to that of bonds, not a new york guy.

who knows... whatever the reasoning, he really turned me off this series... and no, it's not just because the mets lost.

the mets & cardinals open up with each other next season... i would expect pujols to get dusted at some point in the series.

But if Pujols played for the Mets...
:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom