Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the cardinals are 1-0 in NLCS games i attend.

i am not working tomorrow and get a nifty paycheck.

:hmm:

StlElevation said:
the cardinals are 1-0 in NLCS games i attend.

i am not working tomorrow and get a nifty paycheck.

:hmm:

The Mets are 0-3 this NLCS in games Ive listened to on the Radio and 3-0 on games Ive watched on FOX. I too am not working tomorrow.......

Something has to give!

the cardinals are 0-3 on the season in games in which my former boss, big time cardinals fan, has been in attendance... the beltran homer game, game 1 and tonight.

:shrug:

i will be doing everything in my power to be in attendance tommorow... my 10 game "in attendance" winning streak was ended in game 2... here's hoping i can get in the ballpark and start a new streak.

but hey... in all seriousness... it's time for the two greatest words in all of sports...

GAME... SEVEN...

Last edited:
the first inning set the tone of this game

cardinals fail to get the big hit, reyes hits a homer, you knew right there that was the game

well it should be an exciting game tomorrow, i never thought the cardinals would go to game 7 of the NLCS, so cant be upset either way

I looked just like jerry seinfeld did after "The Duke's" single but I was in my living room eating reces peanut butter cup ice cream:drool:

Last night was the first I had heard of it.

see? it's another connection to the 86 Mets w/ the fans chant of "Moooooo" for the Mookster.

ESPN's Rob Neyer just called Oliver Perez the worst Game 7 starting pitcher ever.

I think that's kind of harsh. Anybody remember Kevin Brown?

statistically, perez IS the worst starter in game 7 history.

it would be a shame if a magical season were lost on the last game of the LCS by a crap start by a "marginal" pitcher.

Yeah, I know. I was just taking a shot at the 2004 Yankees.

It pretty much has to be an all-hands-on-deck deal for the Mets. Throw out Bradford, Heilman, Mota, even Glavine out there for an inning or two...basically everybody except Maine and that chump Trachsel.

Last edited:
darren oliver oliver perez - that's a wild name combo...hopefully it's a trivia answer years from now......what duo shut out the cards in game 7 of the 2006 NL LCS?
:drool:

Do the Cardinals put Spiezio at third and So-So Taguchi in the outfield, or do they stick with Scott Rolen?

History is not with the Cardinals. Under such circumstances -- a Game 6 loss setting up Game 7 -- the last 11 road teams have lost. The last team to safely ride that wave were the 1975 Reds in the World Series, winning in Boston.

history doesn't matter

ebay. mine are alright...upper deck but a fairly good row. i just want in the building.

i just put a decent sized wager on the mets to win

that way if the mets win, i at least get some cash out of it, if the cardinals win, who cares about the money, we're going to the WS

also the Cardinals are 1-0 this year when I bet against them

so we have all of these things workign for the cardinals tonight

theyre 1-0 in LCS games i attend (game 3 2000 NLCS)

theyre 3-0 in the LCS this year on days in which i shave

the last time i saw a mets/cards game was two years ago and jeff suppan pitched a brilliant game and scott rolen hit an RBI double that proved to be the game winner.

and oliver perez is on 3 days rest
:wink:

now time to bring my pujols jersey into flushing.

Back
Top Bottom