Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
useless stat number 2:

i've been called into work at 7 until close tonight. the cardinals are 2-0 in playoff games in which I work until close.

Tim McCarver just claimed that Glavine got squeezed on an inside strike because the Cardinals were running and Lo Duca had to move in order to get a good throw off.

The Fox strike zone then reveals the pitch to be a foot off the plate. Outstanding.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i really wanted the game to be played last night... every met fan on earth was giddy as can be because glavine gets an extra day's rest now... whoopity doo. i feel like i'm the only one who didn't care about that.

the reasons why i think it could hurt more than help...
--of course, met fans who were so gung ho about glavine getting the extra day of rest completely forget that weaver gets an extra day of rest, too
--pujols is apparently a little banged up with a hammy or something... he gets a day of rest, also.
--the cardinals bullpen was beat up and worn thin sunday night... now they're rested.
--it's only a pitching advantage to the mets if glavine throws a gem tonight... at least 7 innings. if the mets bullpen has to go 4+ innings tonight, they have to play 2 more games (maybe) with john maine going in game 6, who was shaky last time out, and either darren oliver, who started maybe 1 game all year, steve trachsel or oliver perez on short rest in game 7... thus then the bullpen will be needed. the bullpen is very good, but when over-worked it's not nearly as good.

but hey... it is what it is. glavine wins tonight, goes 7 innings, and everything's golden.

sometimes i reeeeeeeeeeeeeally fucking hate when my "over analysis" ends up being dead on balls accurate.

it'll take something magical for the mets to win this series.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

sometimes i reeeeeeeeeeeeeally fucking hate when my "over analysis" ends up being dead on balls accurate.

it'll take something magical for the mets to win this series.

You really think Weaver on full rest is better than Glavine on full rest normally. Thats an Abaration.

I agree with you it will take something special to win the series. I couldnt watch the game, did they look decent in the loss or was there a complete lack of effort... I really hope they show up tomorrow.......I still think we got a shot.

GO METS!!!!!

and the cards are one game from a rematch of the 68 series minus Gibson & McLain....might have to go to St. Louis to see the tigers win it alllll

i wouldnt count the mets out just yet, the cardinals are certainly capable of losing 2 on the road

TheBrush said:

You really think Weaver on full rest is better than Glavine on full rest normally. Thats an Abaration.

you're missing the point... who would normally be better is meaningless. glavine has been great in the post-season this year, but he did struggle in the second half, and was due to give up a few runs regardless of wether it was on full rest or short rest.

while glavine could have done what he did last night on short rest... i highly doubt weaver could say the same thing. most would agree that the mets have the advantage in a shoot out... a first to 10 runs wins type of game... esp. if the mets bullpen rested and the cards bullpen tired.

now they have no choice... the mets need to score at least 7 runs in each of these two games or they're going home short of their goal, thus making this entire season a disapointment.

i'm certainly not counting them out... as we all know, stranger things have happened... just have to look at the last game 6 in that ballpark to know that. but they are certainly behind the 8 ball now.

Chizip said:
i wouldnt count the mets out just yet, the cardinals are certainly capable of losing 2 on the road

right.

Though if it does go to 7 games either team is screwed if they win because then they'll have to face a fully rested Tigers.

i might disagree...

the tigers weren't considered the best team coming in by any stretch... but they got hot at the right time. will they be able to just pick it back up again after a week off? maybe... but the week off could cool them down, bring 'em back to the pack a bit.

if they come out just as hot as they were before this little break, they will be very hard to beat.

I'm playing this game of

Mets vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Tigers
Mets vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Tigers
Mets vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Tigers
Mets vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Tigers
Mets vs. Tigers
Cardinals vs. Tigers
Mets vs. Tigers