Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fell asleep in the top of the seventh :scream:

I don't want baseball to be over...this was the first year I really paid a whole lot of attention to it other than to watch highlights when I was bored. This year I actually watched games I cared nothing about, checked standings every day, I even had every Phils game written on my calendar. I hate it when I get into a new sport and the season ends. :sad:

The worst thing is that often I don't get into it the following season as much as I did. I got really into soccer a couple years ago (after Euro 2004) and followed it heavily that season. Then, last year I barely paid attention at all, the only time I paid attention was when Tottenham (my favourite Premiership team) was gunning for a Champions League spot (Arsenal sucks :mad: ).

I just hope I don't barely pay attention to baseball next year. :slant:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i might disagree...

the tigers weren't considered the best team coming in by any stretch... but they got hot at the right time. will they be able to just pick it back up again after a week off? maybe... but the week off could cool them down, bring 'em back to the pack a bit.

:sigh:

one fucking clutch hit in a dozen different opportunities and i could be preparing myself for a parade this weekend...

Looks like I got off at the right time.

Wtf has happened to the Tigers????

orange%20kitten.JPG

i refuse to get my hopes up until the the final out

the cardinals have blown enough 3-1 leads to know its not over yet

my hopes are completely up because 1- i predicted the cardinals to win the world series, granted over the A's but i was right with pads in 4 and mets in 7. and it's a 3-1 lead over a depleted and dejected tigers team...if they played proper defense they win last night and they know it. they shot themselves in the foot. verlander's era is awful in the playoffs, and carpenter/suppan will both get to pitch again if necessary against the likes of kenny rogers minus pinetar plus national spotlight and then who knows who else.

if they blow this i will cry, but i really don't think even these cardinals who have had a pair of 8 game losing streaks and a 7 game losing streak this year can blow it now.

weaver's pitched great this post season. I'd be comfortable if i was a Cards fan.

<----wow, never thought I'd say that.:ohmy:

Weaver has been good, but I feel like he could melt down at any time. I just hope he has one last good start left in him.

Oh god I'm on the way to being pissed, this is the game the Cards could win it, correct?

Pulling Sean Casey for a pinch runner when you need two runs to tie and he's been the only guy hitting all series...not smart.

83 wins

That's all you need to win a World Series title.

Eighty-freaking-three wins.

Does the regular season mean anything anymore in sports?

:shrug:

Congrats Cards

:applaud:

To Jeff Weaver, who broke all Yankee hearts (especially mine) for giving up that homer to Alex Gonzalez that cost us Game 4 in 2003, I curse thee.

:mad:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom