Tiger gets his swerve on.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/11/28/tiger.woods.wedding.reut/index.html

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (Reuters) -- Top golfer Tiger Woods is to marry his Swedish girlfriend Elin, a 23-year-old former model, a Swedish newspaper reported on Friday.

Woods, 27, popped the question after the President's Cup golf competition in South Africa, the daily Expressen said. She said "Yes" and called her father, telling him: "Dad, we are engaged."

"She called me yesterday morning and was incredibly happy," Elin's father, Thomas Nordengren, told Expressen.

Woods and Elin, his girlfriend of two years, had spent a few days in the romantic setting of South Africa's Shamwari game reserve near Port Elizabeth, where they cooked their meals over an open campfire.

The wedding is to take place in Sweden but the couple are in no rush, Expressen said, quoting unnamed friends of the pair, who have their home in Orlando, Florida.

Tiger met Elin when she was working as a nanny to the children of Swedish professional golfer Jesper Parnevik

elin_1_301.jpg

elin_4_93.jpg

Tiger should take the next year off to spend time with her I think....

tiger is mad.

http://www.local6.com/sports/2678032/detail.html Tiger Woods Upset Over Leak About Engagement

POSTED: 10:58 p.m. EST December 2, 2003
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods criticized the founder of a South African game reserve Tuesday for alerting newspapers to his engagement to Elin Nordegren and taking photos to promote the reserve's Web site.

"It was such a great moment in our lives, and he cheapened the experience because he was so self-serving," Woods said in the monthly newsletter he e-mails to fans. "The only positive out of the whole trip is that Elin didn't say no."

Adrian Gardiner, founder of the Shamwari Game Reserve, was not there Tuesday and could not immediately be reached for comment.

Woods said Gardiner promised to protect the golfer's privacy during a four-day stay the week after the Presidents Cup.

Along with telling the media about his Nov. 25 engagement, Woods said Gardiner invited the mayor and local school children to the airport, then detained Woods and Nordegren so they could pose for pictures with the mayor.

"Saying we were uncomfortable and totally shocked is an understatement," Woods said. "I'm disgusted about the way he handled things. I had been planning to ask Elin to marry me for months and wanted to do it in a private, unique atmosphere."

Back
Top Bottom