Tickle Me Emo and call me Susan...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:

Completely.

2 other Emo bands that I REALLY like that I cant believe I forgot about:

Jimmy Eat World
Dismemberment Plan

i like older jimmy eat world

dismemberment plan :up:

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

i like older jimmy eat world

I know what you mean.

I completely LOVED their most recent album when it first came out. I couldnt get enough of it. I listened to it and their album before it "Clarity" all the freaking time. Now if I ever hear "Sweetness" or "The Middle" on the radio I change the station and choke back the barf which desires to spew forth from my mouth.

I'm so mad at myself that my liking of this band has gone down the drain since they became more popular. Honestly though, I think that it was just that those 2 songs got SO overplayed that I couldnt handle it.

Even too much of a good thing can be bad.

u2popmofo said:

I know what you mean.

I completely LOVED their most recent album when it first came out. I couldnt get enough of it. I listened to it and their album before it "Clarity" all the freaking time. Now if I ever hear "Sweetness" or "The Middle" on the radio I change the station and choke back the barf which desires to spew forth from my mouth.

I'm so mad at myself that my liking of this band has gone down the drain since they became more popular. Honestly though, I think that it was just that those 2 songs got SO overplayed that I couldnt handle it.

Even too much of a good thing can be bad.

exactly. and then i wonder why i tend to not like the singles on an album so much...

what was the deal with the title? it was called "bleed american" but then they had to change it or something? or tehy didn't change it...or they did after certain pressings were released...i never heard the whole story, i don't really know what i'm talking about

and yes, sometimes you can get eno-ugh....

IWasBored said:

what was the deal with the title? it was called "bleed american" but then they had to change it or something? or tehy didn't change it...or they did after certain pressings were released...i never heard the whole story, i don't really know what i'm talking about

They changed the album to just be selftitled after September 11. For some IDIOTIC reason their record label thought the title was offensive because of Sept. 11.

I honestly dont get it. In all actuality that's a patriotic title isnt it? Stupid change in my opinion.

On another note, for some reason I can still hear the song "Bleed American" on the radio and rock out to it. Dont know why I love it still, but cant stand "Sweetness" or "The Middle".

Weird. I loved every song on that album so much when it first came out. I hate myself for not liking those songs just because they were popular. I hope that isnt the reasoning inside my head, but it probably is.

u2popmofo said:

They changed the album to just be selftitled after September 11. For some IDIOTIC reason their record label thought the title was offensive because of Sept. 11.

I honestly dont get it. In all actuality that's a patriotic title isnt it? Stupid change in my opinion.

On another note, for some reason I can still hear the song "Bleed American" on the radio and rock out to it. Dont know why I love it still, but cant stand "Sweetness" or "The Middle".

yeah, i don't get the title change thing at all then...but john lennon's "imagine" was also turning up on lists of banned songs, so there's a lot i don't get about banned/changed music around then...

u2popmofo said:

Weird. I loved every song on that album so much when it first came out. I hate myself for not liking those songs just because they were popular. I hope that isnt the reasoning inside my head, but it probably is.

stone temple pilots. that always seems to happen when they put out an album...i love it and then get REALLY sick of the single. i know 'sour girl' isn't the greatest song, but i liked it a lot when it came out. i'd rather pour boiling oil into my ear canals than hear it now...

Back
Top Bottom