Tickets for The Who on sale this weekend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
They're too old for me , i'll try to get tix on Stones though .

That makes no sense. Mick Jagger is old enough to be the grandfather to some of the people that post in this forum.

Heck, Mick Jagger is probably the grandfather of Roger Daltrey.

What's the Stones' next tour entitled? "The Steel Walker" tour?

Too bad The Who aren't comin' closer to me. Would have loved to have seen them with my dad.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I saw Bridges to Babylon also, Ivan. That was my first Stones show...it blew me away!

------------------

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
I just like Rolling Stones , saw Bridges To babylon tour , it was awesome .

I hope I wasn't being taken seriously. It does make me chuckle picturing Mick Jagger strutting around the stage with a walker. I saw the Stones back in '89 (I think). Great show, but too much emphasis on the new stuff. With what they charge now, I hope they realize that no one wants to shell out that kind of cash to hear new material, unless it completely rocks, but with one or two exceptions, the Stones have not put out anything significant in the last 15 years or so.

Actually tix for Tweeter Center in Mansfiled MA have been on sale since Tues in an internet presale...haven't seen anthing too good, typical of presales. Tweeter Center has added "uncovered reserved seats" in place of part of the lawn this year, FYI for those around New England.

As for the Who, they have a top price of $150.00 (plus $6.50 facility charge at Tweeter
rolleyes.gif
), so they make U2 look like a bargain, and I'm sure the Stomes will make the Who look like a bargain later this year. (Expect top prices at least $300).

That being said, the Who are worth seeing, even nowadays. I saw them in 2000 and they were very good, and anyone who saw the concert for NY knows they were the best act on stage that night.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Too bad The Who aren't comin' closer to me. Would have loved to have seen them with my dad.

They are slated to play Palace at Auburn Hills on 8/23 and Van Andel Arena in Grand rapids on 8/27...don't know how far you are from those, but its in Michigan.

Originally posted by Hewson:
That being said, the Who are worth seeing, even nowadays. I saw them in 2000 and they were very good, and anyone who saw the concert for NY knows they were the best act on stage that night.

Well said Hewson. I saw the NYC concert and thought they rocked the house. I grew up listening to them in the 70's along with the Stones, Zepplin, and Tull just to name a few and have never seen the Who live. Actually after seeing their performance at NYC, that's what makes me want to see them even more. I did notice the presale but didn't know the password (tho I'll admit I tried a few just for the hell of it, like "FOOLED", "TOMMY", "WHO", etc) needless to say none were it. Oh well, tics will be on sale tommorrow anyway, and like you said, presales are nothing great...

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I saw Bridges to Babylon also, Ivan. That was my first Stones show...it blew me away!

Absolutely great , you know before the show i was sceptical about 'old' RS , but they just did it so great
smile.gif
smile.gif
OUT OF CONTROL

They are slated to play Palace at Auburn Hills on 8/23 and Van Andel Arena in Grand rapids on 8/27...don't know how far you are from those, but its in Michigan.

Wow...I must have missed that! Thanks for the info! We're only about an hour and a half from the Palace.

------------------

Originally posted by ZOOTB:
I did notice the presale but didn't know the password (tho I'll admit I tried a few just for the hell of it, like "FOOLED", "TOMMY", "WHO", etc) needless to say none were it. Oh well, tics will be on sale tommorrow anyway, and like you said, presales are nothing great...

You were on the right track, password was "pinball", but Fri you didn't need it after noon for some reason. Did you get anything this morning (I forgot to get online until it was 10:30), but I'll watch for a release, thats what I did last time, and got section 2 row K at Tweeter.

too bad no one good is coming to any of the venues in my city. the only ones (good and/or bad) worth noting are linkin park plays here tonight, nelly furtado is playing soon, and so is n stink. oh yeah, on 8/16, they're doing this 25th anniversary elvis thang at the pyramid. methinks it's a bunch of stupid impersonators, i can't remember, but it's been advertised for a year now. wtf?

------------------
drifting snows searching plains and high, turning stones as she looks for the heart somebody stole...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

You were on the right track, password was "pinball", but Fri you didn't need it after noon for some reason. Did you get anything this morning (I forgot to get online until it was 10:30), but I'll watch for a release, thats what I did last time, and got section 2 row K at Tweeter.

I didn't get on til 11:00. I got sec. 7, row s...printed my ticket using ticketfast, first time I've used it...

Originally posted by ZOOTB:
I didn't get on til 11:00. I got sec. 7, row s...printed my ticket using ticketfast, first time I've used it...
I've never used th "ticketfast"...printed out the sample ticket, didn't like the look of it for souvenir purposes (I keep all mine in a scrapbook), so I still go for the regular ticket by mail or will-call.

The Who are fucking INCREDIBLE live!!!! I've seen them twice!!

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

I've never used th "ticketfast"...printed out the sample ticket, didn't like the look of it for souvenir purposes (I keep all mine in a scrapbook), so I still go for the regular ticket by mail or will-call.

I hear you, after I did it I regretted doing it. It's just a big piece of paper. Plus it has your name on it, so not very good if you decided you wanted to sell it (not that I'm going to anyway). So, I'll never use that method again...By the way, I've never been to Tweeter..is sec 7 covered or is it just the 1st 3 sections that's covered?

Section 7 is covered...its just the new sections that are not covered( I believe they are numbered 9 thru 14 or 15).
1-3 are front sections, 4-8 are behind them. Your view from 7 will be good.

Back
Top Bottom