Thunder Gods: Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I'm sitting here, after a very eventful day, sipping a beer & enjoying "Ramble On"
by Led Zeppelin for the 3rd time in a row. I feel a phase coming on. It's a good thing.
God bless rock & roll. I now plan on putting "Zep II" through it's paces tonight.

What a great album. The whole package in full force. Groove, folk, rock. Served up on a blues platter.

Oh yes...the total groove that is "What Is And What Should Never Be."

They somehow mix "laid back" with "kick ass."

More bands shoud do that. Not quiet/loud, but laid back/kick ass.

The thundering drums... the pounding bass... the blistering bluesy riffs... no one else really ever did it as fine as Led Zeppelin did! Come to think of it...

Zootlesque said:
The thundering drums... the pounding bass... the blistering bluesy riffs... no one else really ever did it as fine as Led Zeppelin did! Come to think of it...

"Achilles last stand" :drool: :drool:

Strangely enough, the song that first drew me into Zeppelin was one of their finest, check that, one of THE finest pop songs ever written: "Fool In The Rain."

Heard it whilst driving around in someone's car in high school. Searched for it by buying every Zeppelin tape I could find. None of them were "In Through The Out Door", but they were all ace. Thank God there was no internet. I'd have probably found the single track I was looking for with ease and speed. End of story.

No Zeppelin tapes.

But my ignorance was bliss: Zep II, Zep III, Zep IV, Houses Of The Holy, Physical Graffiti.

Does anyone else think the intro to "I'm Gonna Crawl" sounds like a Christmas song?

MrBrau1 said:
Does anyone else think the intro to "I'm Gonna Crawl" sounds like a Christmas song?

I haven't listened to In Through The Out Door in years!! I'd like to get it at some point but I'm not in any hurry. There are some great songs on it but it is a very odd collection of songs, with stuff like Carouselambra. I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti are THE classics IMO. :drool:

Led-Zeppelin.jpg

Last edited:
We were just cranking 'How Many More Times' (Led Zeppelin 1) yesterday. Hubby was telling me how he used to blast it back in high school while delivering Chicken Delight. Good times.

All hail the Zep :bow:

I was going to start a Zep thread, so thanks for going ahead and doing it for me. :D

Robert Plant - one of rock's finest vocalists
Jimmy Page - the greatest guitarist of all time
John Paul Jones - master of every instrument he plays
John Bonham - an unbelievable drumming talent

None of that would mean anything though without the tunes, which they had in spades.

So yeah, they're pretty much the best guitar rock band of the 70's. :rockon:

No mention of Presence ??????

Hardest crunchiest album in years.

Achilles, Nobody's Fault......then kick it back on Tea For one

"don't you wanna, don't you wanna cocai-cocai-cocaiiiiinnnneeeee!!!!

Led zeppelin are the best band of all time.

The band was full of talent, gods in their own field.

i like their albums , great band
however some things that they did offstage are questionable and all those pop hair metall bands that followed , style over substance

Led Zeppelin IV

:drool: :drool: :drool:

WinnieThePoo said:
i like their albums , great band
however some things that they did offstage are questionable and all those pop hair metall bands that followed , style over substance

Led Zeppelin IV

:drool: :drool: :drool:

the hair-metal movement really originated out of LA, no connection to Led Zeppelin. If anything they were following in Van Halen's wake

The booze fueling storm that is "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" is ruling my world right now. All that's missing is the mead and the bonfire.

Chelsea is wearing a flannel nightgown...the song's giving me ideas.

Damnit, she's asleep.

"Gallow Pole" is fucking storming. I'm glad I don't live in an apartment, cause my right foot is pounding right now.

I need to buy a hard copy of Zep III. I have an MP3 version, but it's not up to snuff. III is so underrated. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom