Throw Ron Artest out of the league - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Throw Ron Artest out of the league

I can't believe what I just saw...

Ron Artest takes a cheap shot at Ben Wallace, Wallace reacts, a small skirmish breaks out, it calms down, it's over.

A moronic fan of the Detroit Pistons throws a beer at Ron Artest... Artest being a bigger moron hurdles himself over the scorers bench and attacks a fan... Artest's teammate follows him and starts throwing punches at fans. Fans obviously start throwing punches back and an all out meley breaks out in the Detroit stands.

The game is forefited, the Pacers win the game.

And then every announcer says the fans should be ashamed of themselves...

FUCK YOU!!! Are you frigging kidding me???? Yes... the fan who threw the beer should be ashamed of himself and damn it he should be arrested. But god damn it as a professional athlete you DO NOT storm the crowd and start throwing punches. That is the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen... Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson should be suspended for the remainder of the season, and every one of thouse annoucers who made excuses for those fucking idiots who went storming into the crowd throwing punches at fans should be fired. I'm fucking sickened right now.

Old 11-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 10:49 PM
yeah, i was at eating dinner at a bar, and this was on the big screen. all i could do was stare in disbelief. i was really hoping that the fans of detroit would all unite and just beat the crap out of the pacers. ron artest is obviously about the stupidest guy in the league, and at this point i think will also be facing assault charges.

also, did you see the look on larry brown's face? that guy is kicking someone's ass...

Old 11-19-2004, 08:17 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

i can't belive how many cowards there are in sports broadcasting who refuse to place any blame on the indiana pacers. i couldn't believe this shit... yes, the fans should be ashamed of themselves. the detroit pistons fans were absolutely disgraceful. but god damn it getting hit with a cup of beer is no fucking excuse to storm into the crowd and start throwing punches at people.

and i've seen more video where artest was walking away from the fight and some fan started yapping at him and artest flat out cold cocked the guy in the face... the guy falls to the floor... artest is pulled away, the guy starts getting up and jermaine o'neal comes running over and throws a punch at this guy.

i can't believe this shit... the entire indiana pacers team needs to be suspended.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Bad Daddy Johnny

That was crazy, like a car wreck I couldn't stop watching.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm still in disgust... i played college basketball. i've been hit with things from the crowd before. i've never once thought of running into the crowd. this was the lead story on abc news in new york... so ya know there's gonna be a LOT of discussion about this event and some huge fines and penalties comming.

news is that the detroit police want to arrest at least jermaine o'neal

this is a sad sad day for the NBA and basketball in general.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:37 PM   #6
War Child

wow, i just saw the highlights again on espn2 after the syracuse game. i hadn't seen where they started attacking the fans down on the floor. that is utterly pathetic. i'm sorry, but sports or not, there is no place in society for this behavior. what a friggin' idiots.

and of course the espn guys aren't going to rip the players. without things the players, they don't have jobs. i mean, hey they don't want to jeopradize those indiana ratings. i think coward is the right way to describe this attitude.

i'm sorry, i should know this, but who coaches the pacers? i really can't imagine a team behaving like this under their previous coaches, like larry brown or larry bird. there has to be a level of respect for the game, and obvious the pacers don't have it.

btw, any thoughts on this affecting o'neal's nike deal?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

my level of disgust has gone up another level... I just read the official recap of the game on NBA.com. they practicly celebrate what the pacers did.

Quote:
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan (Ticker) -- Stephen Jackson made quite a first impression on the overheated rivalry between the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons.

Jackson delivered knockout punches of all kinds as the Pacers brawled with fans in the stands and on the court after a 97-82 victory over the Pistons, a game that was called with 45 seconds to play.

In one of the craziest melees in NBA history, Jackson, Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal all delivered haymakers to unruly Pistons fans, who showed the worst side of their behavior by throwing everything from plastic bottles to chairs at members of the Pacers.

The Pacers fought back - literally. Several went into the stands to accost fans who had thrown things. Jackson climbed into the seats and landed a roundhouse right that floored a fan who had thrown a plastic beer bottle at Artest, hitting him in the face.

Fans continued to throw things and verbally accost members of the Pacers. Several came onto the court and one took a fighting stance against Artest, who dropped him with a punch. O'Neal ran over and floored another fan with a righthanded blow.

Fighting with each other minutes earlier, the Pacers and Pistons quickly teamed up to fight off the fans.

Referees called the game, which forced the Pacers to make their way through a gauntlet of angry fans who continued to throw objects despite pleas from Pistons coach Larry Brown. Players and team officials were showered with beer, soda and popcorn.

Acquired in the offseason, Jackson is new to this rivalry, which peaked with the Pistons defeating the Pacers in six physical games in last season's Eastern Conference finals.

He scored 13 points, including a dagger 3-pointer and dunk less than 40 seconds apart that ended a rally by the Pistons and gave the Pacers a 93-79 lead with 3:52 to play

and the head coach of the pacers is rick carslisle

and wow... the 4 fucking morons on ESPN's NBA bench CONTINUE to place all the blame on the fans and none on the players... Did the incident get ugly because a fan threw a cup of beer at ron artest? no... the incident got ugly because RON FUCKING ARTEST STORMED INTO THE CROWD LIKE A MAD MAN.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
War Child

you ever have the thought go through your head "everyone is retarded but me?" yeah...that is definitly what i'm thinking right now. how could these people who are supposedly educated on basketball look at what happened and interpret it this way? i guess because it's all their job to market the league and its players...
Old 11-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

at least a chick didnt get naked for him in the locker room before the game
Old 11-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 04:49 AM
what the heck was that fan doing on the floor in the first place, dude we cant just blame the players, there both to blame. the drunk fans for screwing off, and the fricken players.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 PM   #11
War Child

let the security guards deal with the fans. these players aren't getting played to knock anyone cold. plus, if the pacers had stayed out of the stands to begin with, the situation never would have gotten to this point.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 04:49 AM
oh yeah the security guards, they sure did a nice job
Old 11-19-2004, 09:01 PM   #13
War Child

well, it is detroit...but after the cup is thrown, artest flips the guy off yells at him, whatever, the guy gets thrown out, pays a fine or whatever, situation over. but artest goes into the crowd, the rest of the pacers go into the crowd, and things blow up. i'm sorry but i think there has to come a point where someone shows some restraint.

i really thought that steven a smith would be a smart guy in this situation. shows how much i know.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I'm gonna have to check out the replay of this later on tonight. Is Ron Artest the one who just took some "personal time" to work on his recording label? Anyway, sounds like you're right, Headache. The Pacers players are the ones responsible for making a bad situation into a ridiculously horrible and stupid one.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.