Throw Ron Artest out of the league - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2004, 12:26 PM   #31
War Child

Local Time: 11:12 PM
I found it amusing and disturbing that a fan can just walk on the court and do whatever the hell he wants to. I mean, what an absolute joke of security.

Okay, the NBA is full of punk-ass immature idiots who think they can do whatever they want to do because they have big contracts. But these fans have no right to throw things at them, no matter how much money they spent for a ticket. Both players and fans were totally wrong, and this is certainly a black eye (no pun intended) for the NBA.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 06:12 PM
how about the guy who walked out on the court with his multi color afro? sorry but I had to laugh at that dude.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #33
War Child

Ron Artest makes me sick. Here he is, laying on the scorer's table, just chillin and acting like he did nothing wrong. What a jerk. That guy is just a total head case. He epitomizes the thug, punk image of the NBA. I used to say that about Iverson, but this guy is just downright punk who is totally unprofessional. Hey Artest, this isn't the streets.

And we should think about the little kids who had to witness this ugly thing. It's bad enough they have to watch violence on tv and video games. Now they get to see it live and in person. Boy, the NBA took a really major PR hit.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Windmilllane
I found it amusing and disturbing that a fan can just walk on the court and do whatever the hell he wants to. I mean, what an absolute joke of security.

Okay, the NBA is full of punk-ass immature idiots who think they can do whatever they want to do because they have big contracts. But these fans have no right to throw things at them, no matter how much money they spent for a ticket. Both players and fans were totally wrong, and this is certainly a black eye (no pun intended) for the NBA.
I'm with you 100%. Many of these guys have egos the size of their feet, and their maturity level is lower than my own. I miss the glory days of basketball when the Bulls were still a good team.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

i thought it was entertaining. i might have to watch the nba now
Old 11-20-2004, 02:13 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

this is why this event makes me sad as a guy who's involved in the sport of basketball...

the league right now is FILLED with good guys... tim duncan, steve nash, dirk nowitzki, dwayne wade, shaq, ray allen, michael redd, allan houston, etc. etc. etc.

but the majority of the attention from the media and, frankly, from fans, is placed on these a-holes... allen iverson, ron artest, stephon marbury, jermaine o'neal, kobe bryant, the portalnd trailblazers...

tim duncan is as good a role model as you can find... college graduate, well spoken, respectful, clean cut, two time NBA MVP, two time NBA champion... widly considered to be the best all around player in the NBA... yes his jersey is not in the top 10 in jersey sales... he is not amongst the 5 in endorsements. and shit... his jersey is BLACK. black goes with everything.

the nba needs to reevaluate everything after this event... do they really want to go this route with their game, with their product? they need to readjust their thinking big time...

...and it looks like they're thinking about it. ron artest, stephen jackson, jermaine o'neal & ben wallace have all been suspended indefinetly.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:26 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

you're right, headache. there are decent players out there and these ego-maniacs put the whole NBA in a negative light.

tim duncan is AWESOME. correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play for wake? as a major ACC fan i love to see ACC alumns do well.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

best news of the day. all of them suspended indefinetly. Except Wallace, he should have got a couple games. Now Artest can concentrate on his rap album which no one will buy.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Tim Duncan did play for wake forest, and guess what....HE STAYED FOR ALL FOUR SEASONS!! Other young players should look at him and not at Kobe Bryant. Yes, there are great players from high school but the sucess rate is like 20%, maybe lower.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:37 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

there IS something about players who stay in college all four years and their behavior in the pros.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Headache I have to take issue with one of your points on this(and no I'm not defending Artest overall): the guy on the playing floor. I've watched the replays over and over(its fascinating and disturbing at the same time). If you watch this guy, he's coming towards Artest, who's heading of the court, back(side) to the guy. The guy is starting to cock his arm to sucker Artest when Artest turns and seeshim and decks him...he deserved it.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:52 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

There is no excuse for going into the stands. Suspend the lot of them.

That asshole Vince Carter spent 10 minutes on TV validating it, saying that if somebody throws a beer bottle at you on the street, wouldn't you fight back?
Old 11-20-2004, 06:38 PM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm from Michigan and I totally missed this story.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:52 PM   #44
Refugee

Local Time: 07:12 PM
I feel sorry for all the kids who were there and had to watch that.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:51 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Fuck the players, but fuck the fans, too. Plenty of blame to go around, if you ask me. The fans should be filing some lawsuits, just as should the city of Detroit against some (not all) of those very fans. Stop selling booze, and start REALLY punishing those asshole players, you know? Jesus...if Artest, Jackson, and O'Neil end up with, like, four game suspensions I'm gonna' start a riot of my own.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody knows anything about this...

Did you know that the guy that O'Neil clocked is/was in the hospital? I just saw something about it on a Chicago news broadcast a few hours ago. I don't know what his deal is right now, but he WAS hospitalized. I'm so fucking angry, right now...

And to think...just a day or two ago, I was talking about how I wished my beloved/shitty Bulls should never have traded Artest...!!!! He's a great player, but he's a far greater fuck-head.