three things you need to know about sleater-kinney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5) the girl with the weird face contortions from six feet under (claire) likes them and so does her brother.. the one that's not gay (nate).
6) When I heard the name, I thought they were from the 70s or late 60s

I don't know much about them, but on all the Pearl Jam bootlegs I own in which they appear(performing with Pearl Jam), they massacre the songs (Fortunate Son, Rockin' In The Free World). Saw them in West Palm Beach live...far less than impressive.

Only my opinion.....

Nate Dogg said:
I don't know much about them, but on all the Pearl Jam bootlegs I own in which they appear(performing with Pearl Jam), they massacre the songs (Fortunate Son, Rockin' In The Free World). Saw them in West Palm Beach live...far less than impressive.

Only my opinion.....
Saw them in Mansfield MA when they opened for PJ, and then they came back for . It sounded much better in person than it does on the bootleg...but it could have been an in-the-moment thing. The yowling kind of bothers me.

first time i heard of them they were on a PBS special or something

i don't really like them much. actually, i really dislike them quite a bit.

Nate Dogg said:
Yeah, I have their three nights in Boston in 2003, and the songs with Sleater-Kinney suck.

One Beat is an awesome album, though.

I've only got "One Beat", which is now one of my favourite rock albums. I also enjoy listening to Corin's chainsaw singing, and actually like it in large doses, which is bizarre because usually it takes me a while to take to a vocalist who screams a lot.

My best friend likes them quite a bit and I heard some of their songs. Cannot stand the woman's voice. It's not bad on a good song, but I absolutely can't sit through an entire album of it.

Back
Top Bottom