Three...count 'em, 3... concert reviews inside...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
A brief review of each of the shows I attended this summer:

Creed w/ 12 Stones and Jerry Cantrell (Darien Center, NY)- 12 Stones...I really wasn't impressed with these guys. Your basic "nu-metal" I suppose. Soft versuses with attempts at singing followed by some screaming. Jerry Cantrell was stuck in the mud for most of his set with the only highlights being a handful of Alice In Chains songs. News flash- It's not 1994 anymore. Evolution is key to staying relevant. Pretty impressive guitar work though.
This was my second Creed show and it was what I expected after seeing them 2 years ago on the Human Clay tour. The set was pulled off, for the most part, flawlessly, except for Stapp splitting the back of his pants. Everyone, including Scott, got a laugh out of that. I always enjoy Tremonti's guitar work and he through in a few extra surprises along the way. Highlights for me were definitely the old songs- One, What's This Life For, and My Own Prison. While I like the newer stuff, it just doesn't stack up to their debut material.

Goo Goo Dolls w/ Vanessa Carlton and Third Eye Blind (Buffalo, NY)- Vaness Carlton...I was very impressed with her performance. I missed the first half of her set, but based on what I heard I really liked her. I went in assuming she would be another "pop princess" if you will, but I was mistaken. Closed her set with a cover of Paint It Black. Third Eye Blind was the highlight of this night for me. Awesome band, awesome songs, awesome energy. Jenkins is so charasmatic and by the end of their set he really had the crowd going. They played 4 new songs, all of which I enjoyed for the most part although it's tough to really judge a song by only hearing it in a live situation.
Goo Goo Dolls played a solid 1.5 hours and made their way through all of their radio hits as well as some older material. I must say that I can't stand Robby's voice and his stage presence is...well...annoying. But overall it was definitely a good night.

Our Lady Peace w/ Greenwheel and Audiovent (Rochester, NY)- Greenwheel who? Audiovent who? I really wasn't impressed with either band and the intense heat of this tiny venue made me even more anxious for OLP to hit the stage.
Once they finally did get onstage, sometime between 10:30 and 10:45, OLP played a set that, in my opinion, represented their 5 LP's very well. Highlights for me included an extended version of Naveed, my favorite OLP song by far, that included a snippet of Life in the middle as well as Raine climbing the balcony and crowd diving from 15+ feet. He landed no further than 2 feet from my right, allowing me to get a firm hand shake before he "surfed" his way back up to the front. They played until 12:30 and I left very satisfied after being disappointed by the opening acts.

All in all it was a good summer for concerts. :up: :up:

let me got this right....

you saw creed...twice?

*examines se7ens head

the other concerts sound alright though.

Back
Top Bottom